[Alpha] HubiPanel v0.3

Uh Oh! I turned on your new new dashboard renderer and now I just get a blank page! Can't get to anything.

Suggestions?

LJ

After rebuilding my hubipanel from scratch I am back. I saved the defunct one in case you have any suggestions or want me to test something on it.

One more observation. It appears that badges are only working on my primary panel. None of the others seem to be displaying badges. In fact, If i turn off the setting to display badges the Main Panel bage does not turn off either.

LJ

Very odd... It looks like it is having trouble getting the devices from the hub. I’ll look into it today and hopefully have a fix out soon!

1 Like

@CordMaster

Well I'm playing around with getting HubiPanel working. I've enable OAuth and reiinstalled the app. Got me to the maker api page, but that is all I get to. The URL specified in the screen doesn't reflect the information I provide. Is it supposed to? I assume that I'm supposed to get another screen, but don't. Only one message in the log:

app:3382020-06-15 09:18:50.154 pm debugUpdated

I have 2 hubs and the same thing happens on both.

Thanks,
Alan

Does your first dashboard (in the dashboards app under hubitat) have all devices selected?

The HubiPanel gets the devices from the first dashboard's endpoint. I'm working on an alternative, but the maker API is slow, and the dashboard endpoint works best for now.

The HubiPanel doesn't use the maker API. It uses the same API that the Hubitat dashboards use. The dashboard app access token and id should come from the menu screen (see photo). Sorry I haven't really written a comprehensive install guide yet :confused:

Thanks now I understand your instructions, but sill no joy.

Appid: 131
Access token: 0xx3xxf8-8xxc-4xx9-9xxd-b1xx79xx81xx

I assume in the URL, the 2454 is the appid of HubiPanel. And a quick pursual shows it creates it own access token.

You should put those values in the corresponding text boxes and click on the link on the app page after clicking done and going back in.

Well that corrected the issue. I have always tried to limit the devices per dashboard, since the the Hubitat iPhone app gives Cloud access to the full list of dashboards. Just security conscious. But in this case, none of these dashboards are accessible from the Cloud so I am good on these. I have created different dashboards for Cloud access that are pin protected and limit the devices to only those which do not involve home security or essential equipment controls. Just monitoring. This is another of my complaints the Hubitat phone apps.

For now, though, this works for me. Thanks.

That just leaves the Badge issues, and the problem I had with your new rendering engine, above. I know you are working on those and I am certainly patient on those. Just keeping up with the Alpha testing results.

Cheers,

LJ

EDIT: Might the badges depend on the same list of devices pulled from the Primary panel? Badges seem to be working w bit better. Still watching, but today has been good day for Badges since that change. Is that possible?

LJ

Hub 2: all is working, but it doesn't have my dashboards on it. I did add a dashboard with all devices. The URL displayed does put me to the Settings screen.

Hub 1: is still not working, but I have verified the Access token and the appid by building the URL for the "menu" manually. The URL doesn't have the "endpoint" information. This one has my Dashboards on it and the first one does NOT have all devices.

Thanks for your help again,
Alan

That would make sense. The badges do depend on the device list from the hub for the initial state. It should be working properly. As for the custom renderer, it looks like it is falsely identifying a tile and requesting attributes that a device does not have. I will fix that next, as well as add some more features.

I am slowly working towards completely removing the dependency on the Hubitat dashboard in order to support custom tile types, layouts, and hopefully a more stable UX for all.

Can you clarify what you mean by it doesn't have the endpoint information. I don't have 2 hubs, so debugging this might be interesting!

You are amazing. And a great and creative coder. I don't know how old you are but you have a future in this. I can say that with all confidence since I have been in the industry for nearly 30 years.

No rush. Keep it fun.

LJ

1 Like

This is such an awesome app!! Are you and your dad @thomas.c.howard in some sort of battle of the App's ?!?!? HAHA you both have made so incredible apps. Have you considered putting your Hubipanel into Hubitat Package Manager? Just a thought!! Keep up the incredible designing..

3 Likes

I've contributed a lot of code to HubiGraphs too. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I have some big changes coming soon. Once it is stable I will.

2 Likes

Installing the app seems to be in a loop... won't get past of the first stage

Click done to enable OAuth and return to the app to get the link.

I click done and and it goes back to the same screen again when I click on the app. Yes OAuth is enabled.

Update: Strange it worked after I removed it and added it again.

What do the numbers in the red circle represent?

They represent the number of devices that are on in a panel. If you turn a light off or on, the number should change accordingly.

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that while the badges are functioning better now that I opened up all devices on the main panel, there is still some flakyness that I cannot account for. When things turn off they don't always decrement the badges properly until I reload the whole hubipanel page.

LJ

It took me a little while to figure out how to make the app work, but I have it now and am quite impressed!

It might be helpful to setup a button in the app that will bring up the dashboard(s), or maybe some text to indicate that the link must be used to view them.

For the temperature, is there a way to configure it to use Metric units (Celsius)?

Great work!