Almond routers to update the firmware on Securifi Peanut plugs

Alright got an almond router for dirt cheap off eBay. I have factory reset the Almond Router and I am attempting to connect a new Peanut to the router to flash the firmware. Having no luck. Suggestions?

Are the Peanuts not connecting? Or is the flash failing? If it is the latter, and your router is the Almond3, then you need a firmware downgrade on the router to successfully flash Peanut plugs.

The latest firmware for the Almond3 is AL3-R024. The firmware you need is AL3-R013.

This may also be true of other Almond routers. If you have the Almond3 you can download AL3-R013 and AL3-R024 from my Google drive if you want:

My FW says AL2-R109. The router isnโ€™t detecting the Peanuts. Havenโ€™t even gotten to flashing yet.

I'd give Securifi support a call. They were helpful - sent me older/newer firmware even though I, like you, bought a used Almond on eBay.

I would also suggest resetting the Peanut - press the pairing button for 10 seconds and then release it, followed by unplugging and re-plugging the Peanut plug.

The R109 firmware is the latest for the router, so that should be all set. But none of the Peanut Plugs are pairing with it? That is odd. Like @aaiyar said, reset the Peanuts then try again. Normally it would be very fast with an Almond.

I have reset the router and have gone through resetting the Peanut. Nada nothing. :thinking:

Hmm...

Do you have any other ZigBee device to trying pairing with the router? I assume the Peanuts pair with the Hubitat without issue.

The Peanut is blinking it's red "not paired" after the reset, correct?

Yes. I have the almond in pairing mode. About 5 seconds and then they go green.

But they do not show up in the Connected Sensors list at the touchscreen or on the devices page in the website? Very odd.

Correct

I will take a closer look at one tonight with my A3 so I can see if there is a "gotcha" I am not thinking of right now. Pretty sure I no longer have an Almond 2015 stored anywhere though...

1 Like

OK, removed one and added it to my A3 without issue.

1. Did the reset on the Peanut (hold pair button for 10 seconds, let go, make sure red LED happens)
  2. Started the Add Sensor on the touchscreen.
  3. Pressed the pair button on Peanut.
  4. A3 detected device, sat for a bit getting information, then popped up a screen to enter the Peanut's name, so I saved it.
  5. Went to Connected Sensors on touchscreen and selected the Peanut (immediately after it was saved).
  6. Selected the Advanced button.
  7. Checked for firmware (my Peanut had no update needed).

So... nothing special. Did you get the screen confirming the name?

If not... and nothing else seems to be working, I would contact Securifi support. I checked around the forum but could not find anyone having problems in this case (and the Peanut Plug has been fully supported, including update since R089 which was almost 4 years ago).

1 Like

Agnes,

As a long delayed Followup, I must report that I presently have a Zen15 on the same sump pump where I was unable to get the pump to work previously, and it's working fine.

In fact I'm using the Zen15 to trigger the pump, as it's internal float has failed, and I'm awaiting a replacement. Using a 5 minute interval and 15 second pump cycle, I've been able to automate the pump tol hang on for as long as it takes to get the replacement!

It's working great. To be fair, I changed the conditions of the test, and it may be working simply because the float circuit is hosed...but...it isworking....lol

Scott

1 Like

Thanks for the update! As long as it's working it's all that matters :slight_smile:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but you can use this $15 router on Amazon. I bought it and flashed 3 of my Peanuts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/efy1dy/alternate_method_for_updating_securifi_peanut/

Do you have to unpair your peanut plug from HE to update?

Yes. The Almond becomes the controlling hub. It's pretty easy to do, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.