All Temp/Humidity sensors keep quitting

Don't unplug them... Removing repeaters in a mesh causes issues. More so with z-wave but zigbee can be affected to.

Well you'll also have to add those to hubitat too :slight_smile:

Look at the How-to... How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

@Tony I'm assuming the retries are just fast enough for me to think it's working quickly? Also 100K zigbee devices is insane. I can only imagine trying to get that to work properly all the time.

@rlithgow1 I get that removing them will cause issues, but unplugging and moving things around would be specifically for trying to get a specific "path" for the aqaras to get all paired up, which they theoretically won't diverge from again, then putting the other ones back in that aren't so picky about which path they take. Basically trying to optimize the mesh for them with the existing paired repeaters in new locations then after they're settled, putting the other less friendly ones back into play in less central places. But I'd still like to focus on getting the Ecowitts working properly before worrying about the aqaras, so to me it's a moot point until the Ecowitts are written off (but I don't think they will be). And I just reread the documentation on building a zigbee mesh, and I think I've followed it pretty well. As of right now, I just think my problem with the Aqaras may have been because I pulled something from it's path to the hub, making a gap with lousy signal and didn't realize it is likely to refuse to pick a new one from the remaining routers.

Konnected // nodemcu // dht22

Had multiple of these installed for probably around 2 years now. Faultless.

Yes, it would happen fast enough to be unnoticeable. Retries are pretty much inevitable in RF networks.

Re: Aria, I agree it sounds incredible. Doesn't seem to get a lot of press but Zigbee's widely used in municipal and industrial lighting, process automation, hospitality (and hospital) environments and a host of under-the-radar applications like smart meters and cableco set top boxes. Wifi interference appears to be a non-issue much less a showstopper; it's designed to tolerate it (with retries and increased latency rather than flat out failure). Likely these applications use custom profiles (not consumer oriented HA 1.2) but they're in applications that you'd consider mission critical.

Interesting video promoting the Aria's application (from 9 years ago when it was only 70,000 Zigbee devices in 6,000 rooms ): Zigbee Case Study in Large Node Network

Several years ago the Z-Wave Alliance touted a 65,000 device Z-Wave installation in 2,000 rooms of the Wynn; according to this reddit thread the company that installed it no longer exists and the installation now uses Zigbee. The Alliance's Z-Wave showcase is now a 90 room resort hotel somehwere in Italy.

After some searching this thread might be useful in troubleshooting for you as others have had problems with same same gateway.Hubitat no longer connecting to ecowitt gateway

1 Like

I browsed that and didn't seem like there was stuff there that would help me, so now I'm on the main Ecowitt integration thread. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

For those that find this thread later on, it seems like it just eventually solved itself. I signed up for ecowitt.net and verified that it was indeed sending info regularly and at some point overnight it started getting regular updates to my hubitat. No idea why.

2 Likes