All my zigbee devices stopped responding

these devices were what exactly?, and were they on HE prior to the startup issues?

one osram bulb in one room and a sengled bulb in another room. left one osram bulb in one room and three sengled bulbs in another rooms as is on hubitat. the fans were fine because they were running off zwave.

yes,

Was there ever an exact reason found for your issue? As I am starting to have same thing.

I'm not much of a programmer but I was messing around with python scripts to use with Lifx lights ( GitHub - jymbob/lifxlocalcontrol: Physical control of LIFX lights using a local Python server and an Arduino ) So I don't know if this would cause the issue, but I only noticed it last night when I started doing this :confused:

All my Xiaomi sensors and door sensors are not working and a few Seglend lights are not working.

Xiaomi sensors can be temperamental like that. If they're not too far from the hub, you should be able to use them without a repeater, but otherwise, you should add either a Sylvania Smart+ (Non A version) or an Xbee.

To get your Xiaomi to reconnect, just press the pair button once on each of them.

Yeah tried the tick with the button but no go. It did it last night and was working again in the morning, but then when I saw that tried to test out my python script for the lights and its crashed again. Still says active in the dashboard just won't pick up motion.

Suppose will just leave it again and hopefully will start working, but would be good to know exact reason.

my experience was that they work for a bit after the pair button push then stop working again after some hours.

the only way i found to keep the xiaomi devices connected was to add a xbee to my network.

What zigbee channel are you using?
I found that using channel #20 made a big improvement with my system.
I also reduced the number of 2.4 wifi access points (kept the 5 ghz) and changed my remaining 2.4 wifi channels in my routers away from channels 1,6,11

I have google wifi so as far as I know it picks what goes on 2,4 or 5 and can not really change it which is a bit annoying. As for Zigbee channels I am not too sure, I don't even know how to check that so will look into it.

It will say what zigbee channel on the Hubitat settings page.

A gotcha, never really looked at this page before so there ya go. I am on channel 26.
So does all these look correct? As no sensors are working but the lights seem to be ok.

Unfortunately channel 26 is a low powered channel I would not recommend using you will have nothing but issues with it.
But that will mean you will have to change your Hubitat channel and may have to go through re-pairing your zigbee devices you do not have to remove them just put the hubitat hub in joining mode (add devices) and then go and push the buttons on each of your zigbee devices for pairing.
I went through each and every zigbee channel one at at time with a small handful of problem devices to see which channel paired the devices faster. Narrowed it down to 4-5 channels redid the test and finally narrowed it down to one channel in my case channel 20.

Ah damn that is going to be a pain! Suppose might be the job for tomorrow then.

I maybe went way over kill by going through each and every channel.
Channel 20 should be fine for you.
type of zigbee routers and types of end devices going through them also makes a big difference.
which is why some of us are using Xbees or iharyadi's Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor as routers.

1 Like

i went thru this … like @NoWon says had to go thru re-pairing the zigbee devices.

one thing you may want to try … if you are going to be out of the house for a couple of hours … change the zigbee channel on the hub and leave the house.

then when back if you are lucky many of the devices may have found the new channel … at least they are supposed to … just takes some time. :slight_smile:

Alright so changed it to 20. How will I know once it is done? Is there any indication should be looking for? As they still all say 'ACTIVE'

from device list go to a few devices and try clicking on/off or whatever else may be applicable for the device.

or if motion sensor check the log if a motion event shows up when you move in front it.

things like that.

So I got 2 of the 5 sensors back. I tried to reset one of the ones not being found to help it along but it just wont pick up now. I am not sure if its Xiaomi not working or HE and if I should spend the $$$ on a hue sensor :confused:

try rebooting your Hub and making sure it is still on Channel 20 after rebooting.
What type of Xiaomi sensor are you having trouble with?

I don't know what I did different but they all of a sudden started to connect. But for the future if anyone else comes across this thread and has some problems, this guide with what the blinking lights mean was helpful.

1 Like

How far are the devices from the hub that are not pairing? None of mine are that far. Maybe 25 feet is the furthest of any of them. Not really a problem. It's the reason I keep buy Xiaomi. I'll have a Xbee someday if it ever arrives, and then I'll be sure that they don't ever drop, but for now, even without a repeater, they're good.

My hub is on channel 13. Has been from the day I installed it. On my second router since buying Hubitat. Same situation as you now. It's a TP-Link Deco M5 mesh router, so I cannot change my channels on this on either, but it didn't affect the Zigbee connectivity at all when I brought it into the house.