Aliexpress has flash sale on Tuya zigbee leak sensor - 9.28

2 days left

2 Likes

These leak sensors are supported in HE by this driver, I've been using one for about a month.

My device however is powered by 2 x AAA batteries, not CR23!

Wondering if you can help with this leak sensor, the driver you refered above doesn't work - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003320350841.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.0.0.4acef19ca6Ot7o
I bougt an identical looking one about 6 months ago that works with the 'Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor'
There is a slight difference in the data for the one I bought 6 months ago, this has a driver noted -

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 41
  • driver: v0.8.2.0914b
  • inClusters: 0000,000A,0500,0001
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_qdmnmddg
  • model: TS0207
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild:

And the current one has, no driver noted -

• application: 41
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0500,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_upgcbody
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

The first one ( _TZ3000_qdmnmddg ) seems to be working OK with Marcus's driver?
It's fingerprint is wrong in the Tuya driver at the moment.

the second device (_TZ3000_upgcbody ) should be working with the "Tuya NEO Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensor" driver.

What happens when you pair the second device to HE, is the Tuya NEO driver selected automatically during the pairing process?

Note, that with most of the problematic Tuya battery-powered devices you need to pair the device with the correct driver installed, simply changing the driver (and hitting Configure) will not work.
Pair the device very close to HE hub.

They are now $7.71. Do these work well?

One of these leak sensors has already saved me from real flooding :

2 Likes

Good. I will definitely purchase one. I have had hit or miss on Ali in the past.

Thank you!!!

The situation has not changed, it is still the same ... but for just $7.71 it is worth the risk! : )

1 Like

Thank you again.

Have you had any luck with motions on Ali?

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean by 'motions'?

( _TZ3000_qdmnmddg ) is working with the builtin Generic Driver, not sure if it is Marcus's did they build his in?, although the battery level stopped working a while ago, it did seem to originally, it is at 87% & has been for months. You say 'It's fingerprint is wrong in the Tuya driver at the moment' is there a way to fix it??

When I paired (_TZ3000_upgcbody ) I didn't have the "Tuya NEO Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensor" driver installed. I'll delete it & re-pair when I get home from work.

Thanks, hopefully that works

I have corrected the _TZ3000_qdmnmddg fingerprint in the Tuya driver (thank you for providing the missing data), you can install the latest dev. branch version from here :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20NEO%20Coolcam%20Zigbee%20Water%20Leak%20Sensor/Tuya%20NEO%20Coolcam%20Zigbee%20Water%20Leak%20Sensor.groovy
You can continue using the HE inbuilt driver with this device, generally, if the HE standard drivers are working OK, it is always better to stick with stock drivers. I assumed wrongly that it is Marcus's driver ...

Let me know if the Tuya driver will work for the newer leak sensor model.

Is there a way to add the following device to this driver also? Currently I’m using this version with the generic water sensor and it seems to be working, but not sure the battery status is updating.

• inClusters: 0001,0003,0500,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_rurvxhcx
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

It’s this item:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, it paired straight away, however I clicked on 'Configure' as I always do when I add a new device & the 'powerSource :' changes from 'battery' to ' ' blank. Then I checked if it would pickup moisture, which it didn't. The device did, red light went on, Hubitat didn't register.
So I deleted the device & re-paired it. This time I didn't click on 'Configure' . Then I checked if it would pickup moisture, which it did & then changed back to dry.
I couldn't see any other difference.

Just tried to pair another one, it paired, however when I made it wet it didn't show as wet in Hubitat. So I hit configure & the 'powerSource :' changed from 'battery' to ' ' blank. Then I checked if it would pickup moisture, which it didn't. The device did, red light went on, Hubitat didn't register. Strange???

So I deleted the device & rebooted the hub. Repaired & no joy, still doesn't register when I make it wet???

Try pairing it very close to the HE hub, no more than 1 meter away.

What are the batteries in your device? 2 x AAA or other types?

2 x AAA, The sdevice that worked now doesn't.
I have just deleted & reinstalled the driver (out of frustration) & re-paired one the devices. No joy it doesn't register as being wet. I noticed that the battery level is no longer showing???

Perhaps I need to initialise the devices??? Is that possible? Or will that help??

The initialization is done and has an effect only during the pairing process.

I will consider removing this 'Configuration' button from the UI, most of the battery-powered Zigbee devices are sleeping all the time and it is not possible to make any changes in their configurations while they are in idle or sleeping mode.

Are you pairing the device really close to the hub? Less than 1 meter?

Please copy and paste the debug logs when you pair the device to HE. These will be in the 'Past Logs' tab most probably.

I repaired right beside the hub, which appears to have solved the problem. It now shows when wet & the battery level is back. Looks good thanks.
Is the Configuration there for any non battery devices??

1 Like

Typically - yes, although it depends on what is the code behind the 'Configure' button.