Aliexpress has flash sale on Tuya zigbee leak sensor - 9.28

How many Zigbee devices you have in your mesh?
If you go to Settings->Zigbee->Zigbee logs, do you see a lot of traffic?
Do you have any Zigbee bulbs paired to HE?

I am just trying to understand why the initial pairing fails often when the device is paired away from the hub, but usually succeeds when paired really close ( less than a meter ) from the hub.

41 devices on that page. I would have thought more., although may be not I have no bulbs.

The first time I paired with that driver it did

@Mikeymike88 added, please update to the latest dev.branch, pair it again to HE (close to the hub) and let me know the reporting works, It may need 4..6 hours for the first battery report to appear.

Thank you so much! I paired it again by holding the device reset button for 5 seconds and then initialized pairing and it worked, but it found the previous device and didn’t update the driver. Should I have deleted the device first and then repaired it? I manually changed the device driver to yours, but not sure that’s the correct way to do it either.

After you update the Tuya driver, change the device driver manuay.

Then pair it again at a close distance to the hub.

Will be the Tuya driver selected automatically when you pair it again?

Yes, that worked. Thank you!

1 Like

Let me know if the battery reporting works.

It seems to be working. Thank you again!

1 Like

I've just put batteries back in 2 of the devices & installed then in the vanity cupboards. Both now show -
Battery: 0
PowerSource: Unknown
Water: Dry

Therfore I'm getting low battery warning. I put the batteries back in about 5m from the hub. I got a dry waring as I have set up in the app to advise. I put them in the vanity cupboard & tested fro 'Wet' which was advised. Then about 3 hours later I was advised that both batteries are under 10%.
They are bothe showing '0'

Any advice??

Battery level 0 is forced when the device is offline to HE. I think that the presence check timeout was increased from 3 hours to 12 hours… please check whether you are using the latest version?

EDIT: I‘be been wrong, the current offline timeout is 3 hours. Some devices may not send anything for 3 hours, so I will change it to 12 hours to be safe.

It is version() { "1.0.6" } one device is now showing (which would be 12 hours since being turned back on)
Battery: 100
PowerSource: battery
Water: Dry

Edit - I've just updated to 1.0.7

2nd device is now showing battery as well, hich is 12 hrs since that was restarted. Thanks