Alexa

go to alexa.amazon.com and go to the smart home screen. select devices and do a discovery there

Thanks - did thatā€¦ no help

Did you ā€œforget all devicesā€ in Alexa website? Make sure you login via tablet or desktop computer.

Yesā€¦ ā€œForget all devicesā€ā€¦ from my laptop, then on discover, it only finds the ones in STā€¦

I would definitely recommend contacting support. I can confirm I had to reboot the hub a few times to finally get my new devices added but something isnā€™t right.

Thanks, yeah, I sent something to support last night. I realize that this is a brand new product and there will be speed bumpsā€¦ Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll figure it out

Still not workingā€¦

Has anyone had GE switches added via the Alexa app?

So, I just brought over one of my Sengled bulbs from ST (used the Cree driver) - works great and quick and works fine in the simple lighting appā€¦ but, Alexa does not find it either

Having the Alexa integration working is very important to me since my family uses it regularly to turn on/off lightsā€¦

I opened a support ticket last night, but did not hear anything todayā€¦

I donā€™t have an answer per se, but something to checkā€¦ Did SmartThings find the Hubitat hub as a Hue Bridge? If yes, then at least you know it is behaving correctly.

If not, then you may want to look at your home network to see if there is any reason why these devices are having a hard time finding each other.

1 Like

Hey, sorry you are having troubles. Hopefully we can get some details via PM and help sort the issue out.

Hang in there. Weā€™ll get to the bottom of it.

Yes, it did. Thanks

Appreciate the help Patrick!

1 Like

I added a GE Z-Wave dimmer today; it showed up in smart home devices OK.

1 Like

Let me know if you figure this out. Alexa isnā€™t finding anything on my Hubitat either.

1 Like

Will doā€¦

What wifi access point are you using?

Open mesh MR1750

I assume you have installed the alexa app in hubitat and added devices to it?

Is the hubitat hub on the same network as the Alexa device?

Is upnp enabled?

I did get this to work finally. I forgot to come back here and update.

First, I then went through and manually removed every device from the Alexa mobile app.
I then removed the SmartThings skill.
I went into Hubitat and made sure all of my devices that I want are listed in the ā€œAmazon Echo Appā€ then told the Echo to discover new devices. They all appeared and are controllable.

1 Like

Yes. I noticed this last night as I started configuring routines. Something with the Alexa Dimmer device type Iā€™m guessing, as thatā€™s what Iā€™m using for triggering RM. Did you find that with physical lights too? I did not. The group workaround is fine for now, but this needs investigating.

Now if I could just figure out why Iā€™m having the same issue with my devices not showing up. They were last night. Had to reset my Echo (or at least I thought I did). Now all my Hubitat devices are gone and I canā€™t get it to discover them again. REALLY donā€™t want to ā€œforgetā€ all devices. I have a lot of routines and their app is a nightmare.