Alexa Skill UK - Confused

Im in the UK and still waiting Im only anoyed that I no longer have the original app installed (I deleted it before realizing uk skil not available) So I have no conection with Alexa for weeks. I just wish I had original app.

Please contact support@hubitat.com, we will get the old app back for you.

1 Like

The old app was made available in the new release: Hub Update 1.1.2

Note: you can only have one of the two Amazon Echo apps installed at one time, or it will mess up Alexa.

1 Like

Thanks as you know if have made this available to me already but good it's available. Amazon not rushing themselves

The app still isn’t working for me, Alexa finds nothing. Anyone else having this?

I am assuming you’re not in the USA and are trying to use the “old” Alexa App, not the “new” Alexa Skill, correct? If so, you can read up on the issue you’re having in the following thread.

Hi

I did add them yes.

Understood. Within that thread I linked, you will see others having the same issue where Alexa cannot discover the Hubitat hub. Seems to be LAN problems that causes the issue most often.

Yeah, I’ve read pretty much all of it before I realised that it wouldn’t have worked anyway until the last update. No other network issues are apparent apart from this one. All other aspects of my network appear fine. Unless it’s the Alexa devices themselves. But many thanks for the advice and link.

Hopefully the Alexa Skill gets released for the UK soon. Good luck!

1 Like

Any updates with this???

Just curious. Are UK users sending messages to Amazon to be sure they’re properly pressured to get this done? If the approval process hinges on Amazon, the pressure needs to come from the Amazon customers wanting it, not just the Skill creators!

This is on us, not on Amazon. We have not resolved the issues yet.

Oh. I wasn't aware. We received different feedback previously.

I’ve just tried the Alexa app again today and it worked!! I didn’t do anything different and was very surprised it picked my devices up :wink:

1 Like

Do you mean the "Amazon Alexa App" or the "Amazon Alexa Skill"?

The app, I’m in the UK.

It should have worked all along, except when we had removed it and you couldn't install it. Glad to hear it's working for you. One of these days we will get the skill sorted for UK.

1 Like

I agree, but for some reason it didn’t. Love to know how it now has, but then again, just happy I have another part back.

This is quite disappointing. One of the reasons I purchased the hubitat was so that it could communicate with Alexa... I live in Australia, What are my options?