Aladdin Connect (garage door) driver

I recently installed genie connect, and this version is working for me with the exception of the battery property on my garage door device. I have the battery backup on my Genie opener (7155) so I would expect a status to be shown, but the device value has always only shown an "unknown" status. I have tested battery backup on the opener, and it is working. Does Genie report the battery status of the unit through AladdinConnect, and should it be coming through in this app? Are others able to see battery status on their devices? Thanks!

The reported battery (and rssi) level is for the door sensor, which is part of the Aladdin Connect RetroFit Kit. If you have an opener with Aladdin Connect integrated, you don't have one. The backup battery status is not reported by Aladdin.

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense. Also explains why I have an RSSI on the parent Aladdin Connect System device (for its Wi-Fi connection) and not the child device. Thanks!

@tomw Thank you very much for the fix. I used the dev version and now both my doors work with Hubitat. This was a feature I wanted so much for Hubitat as I want to move off ST when I complete my addition.

FYI: In case someone does a google search for OHD Anywhere controlled by Hubitat, this divece code will work with Overhead Door Company motors.

1 Like

Dev version also worked for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Cool! I merged in version 2.0 and mentioned an important caveat to existing users here.

With this version becoming main, the dev branch linked in some other threads no longer exists. Please look at this thread to find the code.

1 Like

I'm having difficulty connecting more than 1 door. They are separate ceiling units but joined by a single keypad. Could something be throwing off the configuration with that? The registration of the doors gets one door to have it's name "Garage Door 1". While the other gets an id number. Any ideas?

Thanks

Will you please enable logging on the parent driver (Aladdin Connect System), then open the Logs window in a separate tab, and run the initialize step? I'll need to see what is coming back from the cloud request.

EDIT: also, are you installing for the first time, or are you a long-time user of this integration? There's an important configuration step -- please see here and respond in that thread so we can debug further.

Just installed one of these openers today. Installed Aladdin Connect, and got it working in Hubitat. Thanks.

1 Like

Update from the other thread requesting to put the logs here:

Here is the debug code when adding two doors, while doors are connected by single keypad.

dev:3572022-06-21 02:19:23.298 pm debug[is_locked:false, family:2, id:631664, ssid:Calebash, user_id:598057, rssi:-67, description:, doors:[[desired_door_status_outcome:success, updated_at:2022-06-21T18:01:01Z, desired_door_status:Close, id:750542, user_id:598057, vehicle_color:OTHER, door_index:1, icon:1, link_status:3, door_updated_at:2022-06-21T18:01:01Z, created_at:2022-05-09T20:08:05Z, desired_status:99, status:4, fault:0, ble_strength:0, is_enabled:true, battery_level:0, device_id:631664, name:Garage Door 2 , vehicle_type:OTHER]], ownership:owned, is_expired:false, timezone:America/New_York, is_enabled:true, model:02, created_at:2022-05-09T20:08:05Z, updated_at:2022-06-21T18:06:41Z, zipcode:, is_updating_firmware:false, location_name:Home, serial:F0AD4E217C84023, vendor:GENIE, location_id:384684, name:Garage Door 2 , status:1]

I've set this driver up on other systems but this is the first configuration for this system. The feedback on the state variables are as follows:

State Variables

• devices : [{door_number=1, device_id=631639, battery_level=0, ble_strength=0, name=Garage Door 1 , legacy_id=null, link_status=3, fault=0, status=4}, {door_number=1, device_id=631664, battery_level=0, ble_strength=0, name=Garage Door 2 , legacy_id=null, link_status=3, fault=0, status=4}]
  • wasExpectedClose : false
  • reconnectDelay : 1
  • token : 0718CA9EECDF6C5D

It sees both doors but only has one child device listed. Thank you in advance for your help.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, or tag on here.
I have installed the @tomw Aladdin driver following the steps on the github driver page. My single door now shows up a a child in the Devices page. When I open the child device, the "door" in the status section DOES change when the door goes up/down. But the two command buttons "Close" and "Open" do not activate the door. This was my first check to be able to get this to work manually before I began adding rules/automations. Also I put this device on a dashboard (again with instructions from the github driver page) but it doesn't work there. Any suggestions for troubleshooting to get the manual "Close" and "Open" buttons working?

Enable debug logging in the parent device and try it. This is what I get when I press the open button in the child device (security stuff omitted):

dev:8772022-11-21 12:27:26.933 PMdebugparse: {"serial":"F0ADxxxxxxxx","door":1,"door_status":1,"fault":0}
dev:8772022-11-21 12:27:05.387 PMdebugparse: {"serial":"F0ADxxxxxxxx","door":1,"door_status":2}
dev:8772022-11-21 12:27:04.634 PMdebugresult.data = [:]
dev:8772022-11-21 12:27:04.093 PMdebughttpAccess(POST, [uri:https://pxdqkls7aj.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/Android/devices/77751/door/1/command, headers:[AppVersion:5.30, BundleName:com.geniecompany.AladdinConnect, User-Agent:okhttp/3.12.1, BuildVersion:2042, X-Api-Key:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Content-Type:application/json, Authorization:Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx], requestContentType:application/json, body:{"command_key":"OpenDoor"}])
2 Likes

Thanks @mikes. Did as you suggested (turned logging on in the Parent, and then pushed the button to try to close in the Child). Looks like you received 4 lines in the log, I only received 1, which looks like your #4

2022-11-21 02:21:09.569 PMdebughttpAccess(POST, [uri:https://pxdqkls7aj.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/Android/devices/713374/door/1/command, headers:[AppVersion:5.30, BundleName:com.geniecompany.AladdinConnect, User-Agent:okhttp/3.12.1, BuildVersion:2042, X-Api-Key:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Content-Type:application/json, Authorization:Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, requestContentType:application/json, body:{"command_key":"CloseDoor"}])

Hold on, stop the presses. Then about 30 seconds later I get an entry in the log that is 40-50 lines (wrapped) long. Let me parse through this, there is probably a clue in there. THANKS for reminding me to use the logs :wink: I'll post an update later.

ha-ha! Thanks again @mikes for suggesting logging. What do they say, "user error, the most common of all errors". I had a problem with my UID/PSWD. Solved, now. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

@tomw - This morning I received an "excessive events" alert for Aladdin Connect System. Although I have refresh set to 5 minutes (which was previously working as expected), the driver started throwing an initialize every couple of seconds. After a bit of fussing around, I realized that my Aladdin Connect app on my phone wouldn't connect either, and I finally received a message in the app that there is an issue they are working to fix. I was able to slow its roll by increasing the runIn time to 20 where shown below, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle Aladdin system being offline (asking because identifying and updating the runIn is about the extent of my abilities). Just not sure if increasing this value is going to cause an issue for normal operation.

Thanks!

If you are still able to reproduce this, will you please enable logging on the parent device and then send Logs output? I have a theory on what may be going wrong, but I need the logs to confirm.

Amateur move. Below are the logs. This is now that I've increased the aforementioned parameter to 60 (instead of 20). Note that my Aladdin Connect app is still unable to connect. I'd be interested to know if it's down for other users all day, or this is an issue with my Aladdin Connect account at Genie.

This is earlier in the day before I was receiving the failures shown in the logs above:

Mine says offline for 38 hours in the Aladdin app so probably them.
Just got "Service Unavailable" at the top of the app and comm error in hubitat so it isn't just you.

I can't reproduce the issue on my end, but I did see something weird that I was doing in @brad's logs. I'm going to PM you some modified code to try out to see if we can improve the behavior.