Air Things View Plus

It was missing the device driver. I manually installed everything from the zip folder and got it working... thanks!

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

Thank you so much!!! I am very new to the hubitat community and so glad there is an airtthings integration and it is working! Can i buy you a coffee?

This step by step walk-through was extremely helpful for me. Thank you.

I had one AirThings View Plus working just fine with this driver+app for the past month or so. Last week I bought 3 additional AirThings View Plus units (so now I have 4 total) and am having trouble getting all the new ones to communicate with my Hubitat. All 4 are working just fine from the AirThings iPhone App and from the AirThings web dashboard.

First thing I tried to get the 3 new ones connected to my Hubitat was just going into existing Air Things Cloud app on my Hubitat and clicking "Get Devices." All 3 new devices showed up. But when I went to my "Devices" section and clicked "initialize" on the new devices, no data populated. I tried repeatedly and could not get any data to populate in any of the new devices. I also noticed that my original device stopped auto updating its data according to the 5 minute polling that I had set it to a month or so ago when I originally set it up.

At this point I uninstalled the Hubitat Air Things Cloud app, all drivers, libraries, and bundles, and started over. I followed the step-by-step walk-through written above by calinatl. Created a new API ID and Airthings Secret. When I clicked "Get Devices" it once again says "Found 4 devices." So far so good. I then go to the Devices section and for the first two, when I clicked "initialize," the data populated. Looking good. But on the third, when I clicked "initialize," no data populates. And same for the 4th--nothing happens when I click "initialize."

So it seems to be correctly locating all 4 of them, but it is only initializing two of them. And I also notice that even for the 2 that it successfully initialized, those two are no longer auto-updating (I have polling set to 5 minutes).

Any ideas? At this point I'm just going to let it rest until tomorrow.

EDIT/Update: Just clicked "initialize" and both devices populated with sensor data this morning. No idea why, but waiting 18 hours and trying again appears to have solved the problem. I suspect that maybe adding so many devices at once caused the AirThings server to stop sending me data? Maybe polling limit was reached or something.

1 Like

That’s odd… I have 4 units myself (2 view, one mini and one plus) and they all report data accurately.

Do you recall doing anything special to get them all working? Or as far as you remember, did everything just populate as expected the first time you hit the "initalize" button?

Update: See my original post about this issue -- it's now fixed. Just waited 18 hours and clicked "initialize" again and now all 4 devices are populating data.

1 Like

Does this integration work for the Air Things Wave Plus? I have one just installed, which shows up in the app for devices (1 device found), but is not added to the Hubitat devices.

Now I'm guessing that as the device is bluetooth only, it does not communicate with the cloud, correct? In this case I think I need the air things WIF hub?

I have an AirThings Wave plus that I am monitoring in Hubitat with this integration, so can confirm that it should work.

But is it connected to an Airthings WIFI hub, or View plus in your home? I see that either of these devices serve as a hub the other devices like Wave Plus. I only have a single Wave Plus device in the house at this moment.

Ah yes, good point. It is indeed connected through a View Plus to the internet. Otherwise, it will sync to the cloud when updated on the phone, but that won’t be very useful for automations in Hubitat…

Thanks @Sebastien and @hubitrep :slight_smile:

@thebearmay ,if I add a WIFI hub, or a View Plus, I should be good to go, correct?

Should this app have added a device for the Wave Plus device? It did not, although I see one device found in the app.

Edit: Never mind..sorted it. I found post 123 which reminded me that the device would be named whatever it was called in the Airthings portal...and I called it "Basement". Missed that detail. The device is good to go, but apparently now I'll need a hub ...

1 Like

@thebearmay , thanks for your work on this integration :slight_smile:

Knowing that the Air Things Wave Plus is bluetooth only, and requires a phone to update/upload via the web, I'd have just purchased the View Plus which incorporates a hub, attaches to WIFI and updates the API via your home WIFI network.

The Wave Plus was on sale for $200 CAD, but I need to spend another $129 for the hub so I'm still "ahead" $50 but will need to maintain two devices instead of one now. The other downside is that the Wave Plus does not have a USB power option as the View Plus does, something that would be preferable if basing automation rules on air quality.

1 Like

@thebearmay Nice work!
I tried installing via HPM. But after it completes, I don't see it listed in the User Apps to add. I also don't see anything new in Apps Code or Drivers Code... so I'm wondering if something could be amiss with the HPM install? Seems like the code didn't actually get installed for some reason. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but same results. Never had this happen before with an HPM install. Maybe I'm completely missing something?

Look at post 123 in this thread and follow it step by step….

Yes, that’s what I did. At step 6, the app isn’t in the list. That’s when I checked the app and driver code and saw nothing seemed to get installed, there’s no new code from thebearmay as I would expect.
I can do a manual install instead, but wanted to raise this. Not sure if it’s an issue specific to just me or might affect others who try to install via HPM.

I did not have that issue. Did you try a hub reboot?

Yup, tried reboots with various iterations of installing/uninstalling/repairing in HPM with no luck… I don’t think I have anything particularly unusual configured. Didn’t see any error messages in the logs either. The install completes without issue, but nothing is there.

Can always manually import the bundle using the URL https://github.com/thebearmay/hubitat/raw/main/airthings/AirThings.zip