Air Things View Plus

Think I might change that preference to a drop down to ensure it’s getting a good link.

1 Like

Sounds good! Let me know and I’ll try it out (not tonight though - bed time! :blush:)

Probably wait until Monday before I play with it - have code in several apps for it, but haven’t tried it in a driver so we’ll have to see.

1 Like

I guess I am late to the party - I had my version of AirThings driver for hubitat here GitHub - Nickolaim/AirThingsForHubitat: Hubitat driver for AirThings API. Just wanted to extend it to support multiple devices. Looks like you already have support for this.

I can add that I contacted AirThings to share what levels they use for every metric (say what's green, yellow and red say for PM2.5), but they responded that they are not sharing this information externally and they are not planning to expose it via API.

1 Like

New version changes the Tile Template selection to a drop down that is pre-populated from the listing of files in the Hub's File Manager. This should:

1. Make selection of the proper file easier
  2. Eliminate typing mistakes
  3. Ensure that the template has been uploaded to File Manager
1 Like

I don't suppose it's possible to integrate an absolute humidity calculation like described at the end of this post?

Absolute Humidity is much more useful than Relative Humidity when deciding how to ventilate a property.

Many thanks

Easy enough to grab the calculation. If you get a minute go into the Device Code tab, open the Air Things Device code, and import:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/airthings/airthingsDeviceABS.groovy

and click Save. If it creates an attribute for absHumidity on the next refresh and gives you a reasonable value then I'll make that version the production version and push it out.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update but somethings not quite right. The returned value is 2195.36292714217461252701468765735626220703125 but the actual real AH for the current values is 7.63 [g/m³].

Looks like I missed the divisor. When you get a chance can you pull it back down and give it another try?

Unfortunately it's now showing zero (0) as the value.

May not have liked the way I rounded, can you try again?

still 0 I'm afraid.

If you comment out line 200 do you get anything?

I do but unfortunately nothing useful.
I get 91417653687483085067015051102369522570792703055677411534611329582879370078877688659404941116071938621440

Hmmm. Shouldn't be this hard. I'll try and run some simulated data through the driver this evening or tomorrow morning to see what I've fat fingered...

Thanks.

I may have gotten it right this time if you want to give it another look.

:slight_smile: Excellent work.
Many, many thanks.

Now I just need the Netatmo driver doing the same so I can get the outside absolute humidity to compare to the indoor. :wink:

Thanks. I'll go ahead and make it the production version and recompile the bundle for push out.

I am unable to see the file I uploaded via File Manager. Any idea why? I am running the C5 version with the latest update.