Aeotec TriSensor does not clear the motion

I would do a factory rest on them and re-pair them to the hub.

Do you know by any chance how to do it?
They are all brand new so :man_shrugging:

I just bought 3 ZSE18 sensors and they were all unresponsive after pairing and pulling the battery. I had to factory reset all of them and re-pair them to get them to work.

The device is waking up, but it's rejecting the 5 second clear time setting and reporting that it's 8035 which explains why it's taking so long.

It's possible Aeotec released new firmware with a higher minimum clear time so try setting it to 30 seconds.

UPDATE:

I checked the my SmartThings handler and I have the minimum value of "Motion Retrigger" at 15 seconds and "Motion Clear" at 30 seconds so using those values or above should solve the syncing issue for those 2.

If it does, try higher values for the others and let me know if that works.

UPDATE 2:

I'm not sure if I'm correct about the minimum values for the motion re-trigger and motion clear settings being 15 and 30 seconds is correct.

I know that the original version of my SmartThings handler had the same options as Hubitat's and that's what all the manuals show, but I increased them in mine. I can't remember if that was requested by Aeotec or users were having syncing issues...

The reset instructions are in the manual. Tri Sensor User Guide : Aeotec Group

Don't bother, I just joined mine and it's doing the same thing as yours so it looks like there's a bug in either the driver or the platform.

Instead of waiting for that to get fixed you can use the driver below to manually change those settings. Once you've changed them you can set it back to the built-in driver and everything should work as expected.

Those are all size 2 parameters and the logging results you posted show the parameter numbers (Param #) and the values they need to be set to (number in quotes).

• Light Calibrated Coefficient (Param #100) to "1024" (null)
  • Temperature Offset (Param #30) to "-65" (-6.5°)
  • Light Reporting Interval (Param #24) to "1800" (30 Minutes)
  • Temperature Reporting Interval (Param #23) to "3600" (1 Hour)
  • Light Reporting Threshold (Param #22) to "100" (100 lux)
  • Motion Clear Time (Param #2) to "5" (5 Seconds)
  • Motion Retrigger Time (Param #1) to "1" (1 Second)

Thanks guys for the info.
I've sent the devices back and the seller will diagnose those and see what is going on.

Nudge me in a bit if you want me to report back on it.

FYI, this was a confirmed issue with Hubitat that was fixed in the latest hotfix...

Thanks. Do you have any link/details of what the actual issue was?

It's the size 2 configuration parameter fix that's mentioned in the 2.1.7 release notes.

The 2.1.7 was released 19 days ago from what I can see and I still had the problem 5 days ago.
Fairly sure I installed the updates by then.

So I'm not sure if I should take my chances and get the sensors back as the vendor said they couldn't find anything wrong with them.

Can anyone please confirm that it was indeed fixed and the TriSensor works as expected?

It was fixed in one of the recent hot fixes.

I have the device, I confirmed that mine was doing the same thing as yours, and after that hotfix it works as expected again...

1 Like

Having a very similar issue to @dnagir -- TriSensor will pair and operate fine for an indeterminate time and then will lock into "active." I have reset / repaired / factory reset and the best result I had was when I forced active and pushed 30s retrigger & 30s clear settings -- lasted ~1.5d

This is a brand new unit & I'd hate to have to return... @ccheng any advice?

Assuming you've upgraded your hub to the latest version then your issue is unrelated to what @dnagir was seeing.

I had a defective one of these that was doing the same thing as yours.

Hi there everyone, I know it is been a while since anyone has last posted here but either I am going through something similar or my complete noob-ness is getting me to feel this way…
I have just bought a few trisensors (firmware 2.15). And I have tried installing them on my Hubitat version 2.2.1.116.
First I have paired it and noticed that it was getting stuck (motion, temperature and illuminance).
After that I tried following the instructions here on this thread to set the parameters on the devices using z-wave tool. I can actually set the parameters and they look fine (see image below).
When I try to switch back to the built-in driver the device remains getting stuck. I am sure that the device is within range. I have enabled the reporting indicator led’s using the z-wave tool and I can see that the device itself is showing me that is reporting within the set time and everything else.

The part that doesn’t work apparently is Hubitat getting these updates from the device. I have even tried the same thing with multiple devices and the same problems occurs.
Please lmk if I am doing something wrong or if there’s anything I am missing. I have wasted a few hours on this already and hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue for me.

Thank you

Ps: @krlaframboise I have tagged you on this since you seem to be very knowledgeable about this and I have even found a SmartThings driver for Trisensor under your name.

Another noob from ST. My Aeotec Trisensor worked fine with ST, now it keeps detecting motion.

trisensor

In the device page you can go in and adjust the sensitivity between 1 and 10. Set it to a lower number and click on Save Preferences.

Then on the trisensor push and hold the button for about 5 seconds. The led will initially go red then change to a pinky orange. Then release. This will wake the sensor to receive the nee configuration.

@alphaville21a14 : I am having this exact same issue. I feel like I have tried everything. Please tell me you found a solution!

@adamtkennedy I found out that for some reason the trisensor wasn't creating the association with the hub (group 1 node 1). To solve this I created this association manually using the less basic zwave tool. I also opened a ticket in Aeotec's support and they told me that trisensor had report issues that has been solved in the last firmware release, so I think it is a good idea to update the device as well.

1 Like

This issue is still occurring. I'm setting sensitivity to level 2 and will have to check and see if it works. All 5 of mine have locked up with motion active.

• firmwareVersion: 2.16