AEOTEC Siren Gen5 - how to use driver?

I'm trying to get my Aeotec Siren Gen5 to pair with Hubitat. I see that krlaframboise has made a driver for it. How would I use this? It appears that I was successfully able to install this code under the 'Drivers Code' section, but what do I do from here?

Thanks.

When it paired, did it pair as a device?, or did it pair as the Aeon Siren.

I've never been able to get it to pair.

1 Like

Sounds like it needs a factory reset, I don't know the procedure for that device, but I would start with that.
You can't add zwave and zigbee devices manually.

Thanks for your assistance Mike!

(For the ZW080) Exclude with any controller in exclusion mode by simply pressing the button. Or factory reset by holding it for 20 seconds.

2 Likes

My driver isn't necessary for most users so I recommend uninstalling it and only using it if the built-in driver is missing functionality that you need.

If you're having trouble pairing it, perform the exclusion and/or factory reset it like others have suggested. If I remember correctly the siren turns on while factory resetting, but make sure you continue holding the button for the full 20 seconds.

If you're still having trouble pairing it, use an extension cord to bring it a few feet from the hub, but if that works you'll most likely need to perform a z-wave repair once you move it to its final location.

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you very much.

Before I start down the rabbit hole of connecting my Aeotec Siren Gen5, did you get yours working correctly? Please let me know...and if you have any tips or tricks for this particular device. Thanks in advance!!

Hi, no I never did get it hooked up. I've actually abandoned Hubitat as it was so much work to get everything connected. I think my problem was converting from SmartThings to Hubitat...it was so hard to get devices paired with Hubitat that I just finally gave up. I've since just went over to Simplisafe for the alarm part of my system and kept SmartThings for all the other controls. I hope you have better luck...everyone seems to love it, I guess I just wasn't up to the task. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply...appreciate it! From what I can tell, HE has come A LONG way with regards to device compatibility. The HE staff and other members are constantly developing new device drivers and apps to make things fly right for the masses, me included. You should take a minute and peek back over the fence here. It 'might' just make you want to jump back in. All of that said, Thanks Again!

I think it is the same as Aeon Labs Siren (Gen 5) and it works fine. I believe I just use the generic zwave switch DH. I just need it on or off.

I excluded my aoetec gen 5 siren from SmartThings, and paired it with Hubitat. Easy peasy.

There's a built-in driver for it and devices no longer join secure by default so it should join easily.

Is it possible to play custom sounds using the siren and doorbell like before on SmartThings?

I know this is an old post. I am unable to get this Gen5 to pair with Hubitat. I love Hubitat over ST!!!

UGH... When all else fails...Actually read the directions...

1. Install Doorbell, and plug it into the socket of AC Power.
  2. Let the primary controller into inclusion mode (If you donโ€™t know how to do this, please
    refer to its manual).
  3. Press the Action Button.
1 Like

I have it working as a siren only using the Aeon Siren built in handler in Hubitat. If someone has a ST driver that gives the options for chime and siren let me know.

The Aeon Siren driver supports all the functionality that's built into the GEN 5 siren.

That device doesn't have any type of beep/chime related functionality built into it and simulating that behavior by turning the device on and off quickly is too unreliable.

1 Like

@krlaframboise Thanks for all your help with drivers for these, going back to the SmartThings days. I just starting migrating from ST to Hubitat two days ago.

Mind me asking about the unreliability of the beep/chime with Hubitat? It worked flawlessly with ST to create custom beeps, genuinely curious about the challenges with Hubitat. Sad that it wonโ€™t work like it did on ST.