AEOTEC Siren Gen5 - how to use driver?

Hubitat's z-wave radio/stack sucks, especially on the C7, so most of the z-wave sirens/chimes will either play the sound more than once, stutter, or the siren will occasionally get stuck on...

Oh no! That is no good. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I’ll look to TTS options to help with beeps/chimes.

Based on your note I take it that the Aeon Siren Gen 6 has the same issue with chimes and beeps?

The Siren/Doorbell 6 is an actual chime so that functionality works as expected, but some users still report problems with delays and/or it sometimes repeating the sound multiple times.

Some of the advanced functionality was removed from the Hubitat handler, but this device is probably the most reliable z-wave chime for Hubitat that's currently on the market.

2 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate the guidance.

Sorry to open this topic again, but i'm having problem pairing even after resetting and using a minimote to try to pair, and I know I'm simply just doing something wrong. After I reset when I try to pair, I have to hold the button down to let it flash, but when I let it go it doesn't keep flashing it stops and it never pairs. Any tips?