Aeotec Siren 6 is FINALLY here

Though it is subjective, the volume differences are not that great in my experiences. Maybe max 2 points offset compared to other sounds.

The difference is more in the sharpness or how much they echo. Maybe that is what is making them sound so different.

No, mine are much more extreme. Some are barely audible at the same volume that others are loud. If your device was doing it you'd say there's nothing subjective about it at all. I'll contact the manufacturer then and ask what's up since you aren't reporting the same.

Definitely not seeing anything like that with mine.

So is there a way to set HSM to use different siren sounds and levels for different kinds of alerts? I've set it up as an alarm for intrusion, but it would also be cool if I could have it sound the Smoke or CO2 sounds when a detector goes off. Right now it looks like I can set the siren but it doesn't give me any options for configuration in the HSM app.

A chime device also gets created when you join the siren and that device is meant to be used to play sounds on the fly.

If you use Rule Machine you'll be able to select the device as a "Chime" and play any of the sounds by number.

You can also change the volume before playing the sound, but you should add at least 1 second delay between changing the volume and playing the sound to ensure that the volume change gets applied before it starts playing.

The chime sounds are not continuous though. Anyways, don't your smoke detectors make enough noise already? If not, then you need more smoke detectors. You should not rely on Hubitat to get you out of the house in a fire.

When your house is on fire, is there really any such a thing as too much noise? I never said anything about relying on HSM to get us out of the house. Besides that, there are other custom alerts you can set in HSM. And for people who are vision impaired, this would be a nice feature.

Again, if you have visually impaired people in your home you should have smoke detectors that provide visual queues and also vibration alarms in beds. I would not rely on Hubitat to evacuate my house in the case of a fire. I would also not use Hubitat to "augment", "boost", "bolster" any such fire/smoke alarm, except for remote notification. If the built in system of my alarms needs something else then it isn't a complete system. But if you feel comfortable using Hubitat as "extra", then go for it.

What does beep do differently?

I would also like to have strobe effects in certain situation with RM. Is there a custom driver out there or is Hubitat thinking about adding it to the Aeotec 6 Doorbell/siren?

It is already there. You can turn on the strobe by going into the siren device and hitting "Strobe" or by invoking the custom command "strobe". To stop, just issue the command "off".

Beep issues the been tone a single time. Not continuous.

The Chime device's Beep and On commands use the values specified in the settings. If you have the "Repeat" setting set to "Unlimited" then it WILL play continuous.

If the siren keeps working that long....yes. But there are issues with some sirens receiving multiple commands that closely in succession. But go ahead and try it.

I had to remove my chimes from my doors.

I basically gave up on door chimes. My door contact sensors (ecolink) will every once a while throw duplicate messages, even with the driver setup to suppress duplicate messages.

Has anyone been able to successfully determine when the doorbell button/chime is played to use as a trigger? I don't see it anywhere in the logs.

Seems this will be fixed in the next update:

Need some assistance. I installed 2 of these yesterday. The sirens work, but do not report any state changes. Any body have any ideas?

I think there’s an issue with this device and the C7 that should be fixed in an upcoming platform update.

Yes this has been a problem for a while. Still waiting on a fix.