Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7 Missing Open & Closed Events

So lately I have noticed that my Aeotec is missing a "few" open and/or closed events. By a "few" I mean maybe one out of 20-30 events. This is on my C7 hub with the latest FW for both Hubitat and the Sensor

Anyone else seeing this?

I have 3, all on Aeotec firmware 1.05, C-7 on 2.2.5.131, not seeing any missed events.

Are you seeing Z-Wave errors?

1 Like

No, No errors, Nothing in the logs at all for the missing events. As far as I know, I believe I see the logs for everything that is acknowledged...

Do you have yours paired with S2?

No. They are all on closet doors, control the closet lights.

S2 does not work on Aeotec RDS7 unless you have Aeotec 1.05 firmware. There is a recent thread where Bryan Copeland (@bcopeland) discovered this and Aeotec expedited a firmware fix.

Yea I already have FW 1.05 loaded.

That issue I was having prior to the FW update (to 1,.05) was that the hub detected the first open or close event and then nothing after that.... Unless I rebooted the hub. Even then it would only catch the first event.

This is different. Now I am only missing a couple here and there. Just reoccurring enough for me to catch it.

So I am not in front of my pc now. So, your screen capture, the column with "None" in them is the security column?

That may be the difference, mine are all connected with S2...

My gut feeling is that this is not a hub issue (since I am seeing nothing in the logs) and this may be an issue where the sensor may not even be sending an event...

Yes. My locks and garage door sensor are S2. Also, my Ring Gen 2 and Aeotec V7 repeaters are also S2 because, a few months ago, the extra features (power fail reporting on Ring, and power and range test on Aeotec) seemed not to work unless S2. However, @dennypage recently reported that something seems to have changed, and they no longer need to be S2.

Z Wave Routing Defies All Reason - #53 by dennypage

1 Like

I will reach out to Aeotec and see if they can reproduce this error.

Thanks!

I will say, though, since at least 2.2.5 (and perhaps late releases in 2.2.4), my Z-Wave mesh route changes seems to be going wild across the board, I haven’t done Z-Wave repairs, haven’t added devices, haven’t rebooted except when Hubitat firmware updates appear (seems like a lot of those this past couple of weeks). I pretty much leave everything alone, everything works.

Or that the platform is trying to be helpful by deleting what it believes to be repeated or unnecessary events. Seems to me that @bcopeland recently made a pass through all of the drivers because some weren’t reporting all the battery events. This might be related.

I thought it was just me. But i replaced some monoprice recessed contacts with the 700 aeotecs in January. I have these on my gates and was missing notifications. Didnt have time to check into it right away. By the time i got around to it, the batteries were dead (2 weeks after install). I didn't change the batteries in the monoprice ones for about 18 months. I will be watching them to see if they have any misses again.

Hmmm?? I'm not having battery drain issues with mine... We'll see..

I’m not either, looks like I will get about a year between battery changes. Now, I did disable the LED in the preferences in order to extend battery life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.