Aeotec Range Extender 7

Would a repair cause any issues with currently paired devices?

Nope.. A repair should be run after adding or moving mains powered z-wave devices..

This helps keep your mesh operating cleanly..

1 Like

Have you ever ran a repair after months of the Hub running to refresh everything?

Thanks

Months.. no.. I run after every mains powered device is moved or added .. Which is pretty frequent as I have been developing drivers.. But a repair will not hurt.. It will probably take a while if it has been that long...

Yes

No. That's not what a repair does. A repair will re-assign routes to the hub for your devices. If you haven't moved or changed any devices, none of their routes should change.

1 Like

Just got 4 of these in. Will work on placing and pairing them today.

1. They paired as “Generic Z-Wave Repeater“ in the built-in device types I didn’t see any repeaters in the Aeotec section, is generic ok? Or is there a better choice?

2. My mesh routers have a utility to help you place access points based on their signal from each point. I’ve not noticed that any z-wave device show anything like “signal strength” they just kinda work, work poorly, or don’t work. Is there a way to show this so you can place repeaters in the most ideal places?

And yes @aaiyar I will repair my network after placing all the repeaters :crazy_face:

Although generic will work, why not use @bcopeland's driver for the Range Extender 7?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.