Aeotec Multisensor 6

Settings, Location and Modes:
37%20AM

Then 2nd item along the bottom row... Temperature scale.

The driver reads that, and uses it.

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thank you, I hadn't even visited this subsection so it was good to set the other parameters too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any particular way to induce an automatic report. I've got lux set to 5 lux for auto reports, but it doesnt seem to update, only on the "sensor report interval".

Has anyone tried putting one of these inside a metal mailbox that is a bit of a distance away from the house? My Fibaro contact sensor (mounted on the outside) finally quit on me, and a zooz 4-1 doesn't have the range at least (not inside of metal)

The product sight claims a range of 300 feet outdoors so I was curious if it's been tried?

Maybe you can try the Strips contact sensor which is designed for outdoor use?

I am using an Iris Zigbee contact:

The strips are ridiculously overpriced, and I cannot risk it not getting signal on a metal mailbox for that price, I have one of your $19 (on sale right now) motion sensors with vibration coming to try, also have a usb battery pack coming so it can be a repeater......don't worry "indoor only" means it needs to magnetically be mounted "under" the mailbox.

Zigbee is out of the question for me, not enough distance and can't add repeaters to the neighbors house.

Not to mention that the description for the strips says in all caps "DO NOT USE ON METAL SURFACES"

1 Like

But this is true for most wireless devices, metal boxes generally diminish (or totally cancels) the functionality of the radio.

So I would say that don't put z-wave units in a metal box unless you can wire the antenna outside of the box

I've found this to be the case, every device I tried (inside) lost signal, hence why I had the previous contact sensor mounted on the outside of the box.

I'm going to try using the zooz magnetic mounted motion sensor under the box (should be here today) to try as my replacement.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this one inside because of the 300ft distance the company claims it to have (therefore assuming it has a much better radio)

Thinking outside the box, have you considered changing to a plastic mail box?

Nah, the box is good, and I had the contact sensor working for over a year....If I can't get something better I'll just go back with what worked. It was a thought, until not only the time removing/installing but re-lettering and numbering.....I'd rather not unless forced to.

How about just removing a rectangle of the back wall / bottom floor / side wall and gluing in a piece of plexiglass/acrylic, painted to match?

LOL.....Anytime you hear "outside of the box"......YOUR ears always perk up :joy: You loved the show MacGyver eh?

@csteele Side note in a few days (when I finally get a working hub again) I'm going to need your help with the "outside of the box" on redesigning my 3 hub setup (your knowledge needed) to show me a way to make my "devices" easier to transfer from one hub to the next.

BlockquoteLOL.....Anytime you hear "outside of the box"......YOUR ears always perk up :joy: You loved the show MacGyver eh?

Nah, I just like puns.

1 Like

Bit of a problem with humidity offset

I sure don't see any place in the code where that message exists.

From here, it looks UI related. I'll ask....

Line 114, you've set the range: "-10..10"

if (settingEnable) input "humidOffset", "number", title: "Humidity Offset/Adjustment -50 to +50 in percent?", range: "-10..10", description: "
If your humidity is inaccurate this will offset/adjust it by this percent.
", defaultValue: 0, required: false, displayDuringSetup: true

1 Like

I'll be damned. :frowning:

v1.6.6

Import URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/AeotecMultiSensor6/master/AeotecMultisensor6.groovy

1 Like

I'm getting this:

2019-07-04 11:58:38.372 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_cSteele_AeotecMultiSensor6_321.updatecheck() is applicable for argument types: () values: Possible solutions: updateCheck(), updated() on line 715 (updated)

It appears to be a casing mistake.

def version(){
    updatecheck()
    schedule("0 0 8 ? * FRI *", updatecheck)
}

def updateCheck()
{