Aeotec Multisensor 6

I received a new M6 a few days ago. It reports firmware version 1.14

2 Likes

Contacted Aeotec support.
website updated with 1.14 firmware.

Aeotec multisensor 6 firmware updated to 1.14

3 Likes

Wow, that's great.

Do you (or anyone) know if you can get the firmwares in a format that can be pushed out to devices while still paired to the hub? I find it inconvenient to have to do the dance of excluding from the hub, including it on a Zstick, updating it, excluding from the Zstick, and then including back to the hub. Other vendors provide the binary firmware directly (rather than the stripped down PC Controler) which allows me to use the Zwave Firmware Updater.

Self followup:

It appears they do provide the binary firmware in a HEC formware on the Smartthings firmware update support page:

That said, they only have 1.13 over there. How did you get them to post the PC Controller-based 1.14 updater? Perhaps I will reach out the same way and ask them to update the URL above with the 1.14 HEC.

I successfully updated mine by using the software they provided while having my secondary USB Controller still connected to my hubitat network.
Their software showed all the z wave devices, but I then selected my Multisensor and it accepted updating.
Running 1.14 just fine

1 Like

Just beware, I believe each region has a specific firmware, so it would be good if you specified in your post which regions firmware did you extract so it doesn't brick anybody's device.

1 Like

good catch
curious what you are using as a secondary controller connected to your Hubitat?

I'm using the aeotec z stick gen 5

2 Likes

Anyone else getting this after updating to 2.2.6?

I found there's another Aeotec MultiSensor 6 driver in HPM:

And therefore I'm not sure if your question is to me or not. When I grabbed this driver for myself in 2018 I renamed it using "Aeotec" because ALL the rest were using "Aeon" and thus 'mine' would stand apart... but that exclusivity seems to have been diminished. :smiley:

"betaLocation" is not in my manifest, so again, I'm not certain I'm the intended recipient. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: I did find a missing comma in my manifest, which I fixed a couple mins ago. If this is 'mine' that you're taking about, please retry.

Hi @csteele,

I am using your driver. I think the issue is that the Hubitat package manager is looking for a beta channel, and not finding it. Do you publish to HPM, or did HPM kind of magically match it via the Github address?

1 Like

I created a manifest for HPM and got myself added 3-4 months ago. I did it at the same time as I added HubConnect's Drivers to HPM.

As I mentioned above, I found I had missed a comma when I added "Release Notes" yesterday. It's pretty likely that's the cause... so if you would be willing to test, can you try again, please?

Nothing to update?? (no update available)

Sounds like a success. :smiley: No error message this time?

No; no update on HPM. Or do you mean to manually install?

Edit: but also no error in HPM. Hmmmmmmm

HPM successfully made it through my corrected manifest this time, without throwing an error. There hasn't been a change to the driver in 3 months according to github, so it shouldn't have needed a HPM update. BUT HPM reads each manifest to determine if an update is available. And THAT was probably causing the error.

1 Like

better than missing a period

2 Likes

crap. sorry i need to re-title my post - my issue is updating watersensor 6, not multisensor 6.

@sanewton72

I did notice that.. but discovered that there is no HPM entry for "syepes". There might have been once, but it's not there today. All of the repos that might have been, are gone as a result.

The drivers are still in the repo...