[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Lol I was wondering the same thing. I'm glad there were some answers, so I'll wait. Love the updater!

I'm always getting Please wake your sleepy device on my Inovelli Red switches. How do I fix this?

I was finally able to update the Inovelli switch, but when I put it back on the Inovelli driver the firmware isn't updated. Anyway to force this?

@bcopeland

Aeotec multisensor 6 firmware updated to 1.14

2 Likes

@bcopeland
I keep getting the following error when trying to update to Aeotec multisensor 6 firmware updated to 1.14

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+0.0 on line 64 (handler)

The regular file isn't compatiable with this updater. The file needs to have the raw firmware HEX code extracted. I don't remember who did it last time, but i remember i had to hunt for it.

1 Like

Here you go Using @mbaran's Hex extraction method I extracted the United States version Aeotec Multisensor 6 firmware 1.14 Hex

3 Likes

@NoWon see your GitHub link, do I save that as a hex file to use with the 2.2.4 firmware updater?

@ritchierich You change your Aeotec Multisensor 6 DH to z-wave firmware updater DH ( found in @bcopeland's first post)
Then just copy the hex link and paste the link into your Aeotec Multisensor 6 device where it says "update firmware" and "firmwareUrl" button
Then select the "update firmware" button.
It may take a few tries.

1 Like

@NoWon mine are USB powered, do I need to hit the button to start the update or will it run automatically? Its been a while and cannot remember if I had to do that with 1.13. Thanks,

I got the "firmwareUpdateProgress : Please wake up your sleepy device" which is why I ask.

should not have to I had issues with 1 of my 3 devices where it failed several times but I refreshed and repaired it through the Hubitat zwave page to wake it up. Not sure if that is what made it work or if it just took the update finally.

1 Like

I have a C7 hub running 2.2.4.158. I used the built-in app, Device Firmware Updater, to update zooz Zen21 switch. After I uploaded the firmware to C7 and started update, it stuck at 39% for hours. Then I aborted the update. At this moment the switch became non-functioning, both from app or physical paddle. I power cycled from breaker and Zen21 switch started working again. When I tried to update again, I got the following error message. Any suggestion on how to proceed?

app:74 2021-01-18 09:24:52.852 pm debugFirmwareMdReport(manufacturerId:634, firmwareId:7964, checksum:25757, firmwareUpgradable:false, numberOfTargets:0, maxFragmentSize:20, firmwareIds:[], hardwareVersion:null)

Yep. The Firmware Updater is confused. Delete Firmware Updater. This will still leave your uploaded firmware files on Hubitat. Shut hub down, power off (at wall plug, not at micro USB plug) for 30 sec., power hub back on, allow to reboot, add Firmware Updater back.

Try again.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. It works perfectly!

Ok. I might speak too fast. Even though the update completed without any error, I saw the following log. The firmware version isn't updated on the Zen21 switch.

app:752021-01-18 10:45:07.030 pm debugFirmwareMdReport(manufacturerId:634, firmwareId:7964, checksum:25757, firmwareUpgradable:false, numberOfTargets:0, maxFragmentSize:20, firmwareIds:[], hardwareVersion:null)

What firmware is currently on the Zen21? If it's 20.16 or 20.15 it's a version 1 or version 2 of the Zen21. Then Zen21s aren't upgradable until version 3. If it's firmware version 3.0 or above it should work.

Also, did you exclude and re-include the Zen21 after the firmware update? All Zooz devices must be excluded/included after a firmware update. By Design.

So, if you see it now, after a firmware upgrade without the exclude/include process, I'd venture to say you're looking at cached data, not whatever is actually in the Switch.

S.

3 Likes

Today I tried to update firmware for the Zen22 switch. I closely monitored its progress and saw the update successfully window, which only showed up for several seconds before it went back to main screen. I then excluded/included the switch and it updated fine. Later when I checked the log, to my surprise, I saw the following messages:

app:75 2021-01-19 08:18:41.231 am debugFirmwareMdReport(manufacturerId:634, firmwareId:7964, checksum:31595, firmwareUpgradable:false, numberOfTargets:0, maxFragmentSize:40, firmwareIds:[], hardwareVersion:null)
app:75 2021-01-19 06:45:56.653 am debugFirmwareMdReport(manufacturerId:634, firmwareId:7964, checksum:31595, firmwareUpgradable:false, numberOfTargets:0, maxFragmentSize:40, firmwareIds:[], hardwareVersion:null)

If I didn't see the upgrade successful window, I would have assumed upgrade failed again on Zen22. I went back to exclude/include the Zen21 switch. I realized the upgrade was successfully done.

1 Like

I updated all 13 of mine with the built-in firmware updater and did not have to do this. I haven't had a single issue and that was back when 2.2.4.158 was released. Is this still necessary? It wasn't an issue with my 13 23/21 Zooz switches.

Interesting.

Honestly, I don't know. I updated a Zen26 not long ago, and did exclude/reinclude, but it seems likely, based on your experience that it isn't required any longer. :thinking:

Hunh.

S.

They are V4 switches so maybe that's why? Who knows.

I updated all my Zooz switches last week. Any that were going a full firmware version up needed to be removed and added back. I had one ZEN24 that was already at 4.0 and did not need to be removed when going to 4.01. My Zen25 plug also did not need to be removed going from 1.0 to 2.0.