Aeotec Multisensor 6

Thanks, That worked :slight_smile:

Would have thought the multisensor template would have done the trick. I wounder what attribute the Multisensor template expects for the center data?

1 Like

Contact (open/close). The name presumably comes from devices like the SmartThings Multisensor, not the Aeon.

1 Like

Typical Multisensor 6 Temperature Offset

My Multisensor 6 temperature is reading about 10 °F low. Is this typical of what others are seeing?

My firmware is V1.13
My Driver is the current csteele drive.
I'm on USB power (as is the sensor :slight_smile: )

Thanks

John

Thanks for this. I finally got around to updating it, and it's working as expected.

Also @JohnRob ....see this post and make the appropriate changes. It's a common issue.

1 Like

@csteele could you help ... I've having problems seeing the firmware version. I used the Aeotec OTA utility to update my multisensor to 1.13. After updating, I excluded the device from the z-stick, re-paired to the hub, selected the AeotecMultiSensor6 driver, hit save device, then configure. No firmware version is showing ...

Logs are showing firmware: null when I do a configure...

And also this error repeated everytime I do a configure ...

I looked at the driver code and line 718 is where the firmware version is being determined. What do you think?

I changed mine to

BigDecimal fw = cmd.firmware0Version //applicationVersion
fw = fw + cmd.firmware0SubVersion/100 // applicationSubVersion / 100

and the version now shows as

firmware : 1.13

1 Like

another thing that might be worth changing:

zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 201, size: 2, configurationValue: [tempScaleByte, tempOffset]),

I was finding that the temperature was jumping around strangely - I think there is a bug in the way that tempScaleByte & tempOffset are set. I haven't been bothered to dig into it properly because I'm happy with my hardcode hack solution: Simply hardcode these numbers instead - the first digit represents the offset you want.. so for +3.0degrees would be 30, -1.1 degrees would be -11 etc - and the second digit represents the scale you use, 1 for celcius, 2 for fahrenheit.

UPDATE:
I ended up finding out what the problem was... for some reason the offset is not being passed in as an integer. To fix add this line:

tempOffset = tempOffset as int

before the main request in the configuration

@christi999 Thanks, that fixed it

Does anyone experiences glitches in the reported values from time to time. This is my first one in several weeks of working with 3 sensors updating every minute... I am wondering if the glitch is coming from the sensor or the hub???

Your Hamster isn't on a Liquid Nitrogen diet?? :smiley: :smiley:

I have 12 of these all over my house and I have rules (for ceiling fans) that monitor for a narrow range of temps to manage the fan speed. If I got -937 on mine, it would shut off the fan. In other words, I doubt I'd notice and investigate. :frowning: Fan Off 'symbolizes' "We are Comfortable" in my brain.

I'll see if I have events like that still around.

1 Like

Well, I don't always know what the little critter is doing in there... I log my values with influxDB logger so it popped right up. I am now thinking of making some rules more robust...

1 Like

I had this too

The AeotecMultiSensor6 driver has a note:

* Chuckles V1.2 of multisensor 6
 * IMPORTANT NOTE: Assumes device has firmware **version 1.10** or later. A warning will be logged if this is not the case.

I think the current version out on the Aeon/Aeotec site is v1.13

The error says "didn't get a version in response" to me.. implying it's earlier than v1.09

Yep...trying to update firmware now...however...not having any luck getting my z-stick to pair with HE. It's just not seeing it.... :frowning:

have you looked at:

1 Like

I was but I only have the .exe from Aeotec?

The Aeon Z-Stick??

I join and rejoin mine to any of my 4-5 ZWave networks in this room. As recently as last night, as a matter of fact.

Had to reset it using the reset button. No idea why. I now have the Z-Stick paired to HE...however am now struggling to get the firmware update app to see the multisensor. The app loads and sees the z-stick (COM 7). But when I hit add node...and then click the action button..nothing. The light on the multisensor turns green for a bit...but that's it.

From my zwave details page:

The Z-Stick is mostly invisible to HE. It's connection is on the ZWave side of the radio, not the computer side.

Do I need to remove(exclude) the Multisensor from HE before doing the upgrade and then re-adding it?