Aeotec Dual Nano Switch

bump - Silence from all quarters!
i spoke with Aeotec support, they say that the Dual Nano is their 2nd highest selling device, so its strange to them (and me) that there is so little care factor about this device working properly in Hubitat. Or is there something I am missing here?

@syepes as the apparent guru on Aeotec device handlers (and thank you so much for your work on the others), do you have any suggestions - or a DH for this device in the works?

I will add my voice in support of this as well. I have a hacked version I did that is not really fit for release tho.

1 Like

I just received one of these, I will make an effort to get a driver out for it...

7 Likes

thank you @mike.maxwell !!!! :superhero:

btw just re-read my earlier post, hope it didn't come across petulant or otherwise, i'm loving hubitat so far and you guys are doing a great job with support...

if you want help with testing/QA or otherwise, let me know.

I’ve been using the standard Qubino 2 Relay Module for my ZW-132 for months and had no problems either using the physical switches or automations.

You may also want to consider the enerwave dual relay.
There are a few dh floating around for that device.
https://www.amazon.ca/ENERWAVE-Neutral-Required-ZWN-RSM2-PLUS-Version/dp/B07KQMGH7X/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=enerwave+dual+relay&qid=1588211781&sr=8-3

thanks guys. yeah i checked the list and saw aeotec nano, bought these and didn't appreciate the support difference between nano/dual nano, i assumed it would work. i assumed wrong. :roll_eyes:
the devices are great though once there's a proper DH i'd see no reason to change.

@sanewton72, I have one in stock but have not had time to build the driver. I will eventually build a dedicated one.

1 Like

Hi @syepes thanks for your response! @mike.maxwell has already put up his hand to sort it, no doubt his To Do list is as long as the receipt every time my wife goes to Ikea, so I'm not sure whether your "eventually" beats Mike's list, but either way be good to avoid duplicated efforts... :grinning:

Same case here, it seems to work just fine but if you need to configure the device then I guess the parameters are different, I never managed to make it work with the Qubino driver. I need to use the Basic Zwave Tool to do that.

Parameter 80 is probably the most tricky one, I don't know why in my case at some point the devices started to fail reporting the physical switch action, and upon checking it is configured for "Hail CC" instead of "Basic CC". Not sure why it worked when installed, stop working a few months later. Changing this parameter to "2" solved it. It would be nice to be able to do it from within the UI of the driver, but apart from that the Qubino is working and I guess with some minimal tweaking it should be "full" Aeotec Dual Nano.

Ah yes, I’d forgotten that tweak. I posted about that in this thread last year.

Hi @mike.maxwell have you had a chance to take a look at this DH yet?

A driver for this should release in platform 2.2.1

5 Likes

thank you Mike!

Thanks so much Mike.. Finally I got the switch working with both physical and digital switch! Stoked... (that's Aussie for extremely happy btw)

2 Likes

Yep working much better - 3-4 second delay instead of 7-8 seconds for triggering events from physical toggle.

1 Like

thanks for getting this done @mike.maxwell your work is much appreciated it is indeed working much better with the new driver. intermittent missed status and commands are gone, and performance is faster just as @erktrek says. i can't see any issues at present. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The new built-in driver is throwing errors for me:

This is when I tap the On command button in one of the child component switches:

dev:2912020-06-14 09:15:54.092 amerrorjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 (componentOff)

This is when I toggle one of the physical wall switches:

dev:2912020-06-14 09:15:36.725 amerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'idAsLong' on null object (parse)

Device is a ZW-132A. I was using the Qubino 2 Relay driver before and that was working perfectly... but.. you know :frowning:

You need to clear your driver 1st. I have a driver that will do this.

Your need to remove the device from all your apps 1st so it doesn't cause issues. Then put the driver back to the aeotec dual nano and you should be good to go. Alternatively exclude it from hubitat and re join it, that will do the same.

2 Likes

Thanks, I already had your Clean Device so made use of that.

The built-in driver doesn’t show power usage, correct?