Aeotec Dual Nano Switch

Question:
I have a situation, where I have 2 switches (a light and a fan in a bathroom), without any neutral.
That is, I have two switches, each with a white wire and a black wire. (I assume that each is load, and hot). Because of the location of the box, I can't get a neutral wire to it.

Can I use a Aeotec Zwave Dual Nano Switch here?
The inputs to that switch are:
N, L, In, Out1, Out2, S1, S2.

Where do I get the N (neutral wite) for that switch from?

Are they on different breakers? Or is this one hot that comes into the box and is then pig-tailed into two hots. If they are on the same breaker, can you convert one of the incoming hots into a neutral? The dual-nano switch needs a single hot to feed both loads.

I believe that they are both on one breaker (I have to confirm this).
If so, how do I convert one of the Hots into a neutral?

1. Trace that hot and the neutral for that circuit.
  2. Locate the nearest gang-box that contains the hot and the neutral.
  3. Disconnect the conductor from the incoming "hot" in that gang-box and wire-nut it to the neutral.
  4. Put white tape or paint at both ends of the black sheathing on the new neutral conductor (so it is identified as a neutral).

Hi! New Hubitat owner here :slight_smile:

Thanks @codekoala for the driver! I've loaded it up and it's working well from the device page.

However, my actual physical switch isn't doing anything. It's wired according to the wiring diagram that came with the dual switch. It's a standard Australian on-off switch (not momentary/bell type).

Any ideas on what may cause this?

I was getting weird issues too - had some basic rules to toggle based on change in switch - originally was testing "physical" but changed to "switch". Still no go - would work sometimes then stop. Responses very slow. I went ahead an swapped it out for a "supported" Qubino Dual relay. Still getting delays, things not triggering when flipping the switch - I wonder if the component devices are the issue? I am going to go back to single relays I think if I can fit them in my gang box.

One thing to note for my setup - I am not using the "load" (OUT1&2). This may also be part of the issue.

The latest release of firmware has a built in driver for this. It's for the micro but the nano works perfectly. Just remember to remove the child devices 1st. If you have a issue with that I created a clean driver that will sort it ready for the new driver. Search clean driver on the forum and it will come up.

1 Like

That's cool thank you - will take a look for another usage as I just swapped out the relay for 2 single relays.

Could you please provide a link? A search for those words just produces your post in this thread...

The Aeotec Dual Micro Switch driver only shows a single switch in the Device UI.

https://github.com/borristhecat/HUBITAT/blob/master/Clean%20Device.groovy

No it creates 2 child devices which you use to control the relays.

I am having the same issue - Aeotec Dual Micro Switch driver only shows a single switch that turns controls both lights.
If I use the Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch driver that has been suggested I get On/Off and On/Off 1 & 2 so I can control the lights individually from the devices page, but can't add the individual lights to my dashboard. How do I do this? I'm a complete newbie and creating virtual switches and rules seems over complex...

It shouldn't be, if it's a built in driver this happens automatically and the parent device becomes almost null and void for use. It creates 2 new devices and each one of them are they relays that you can use in your apps.

Your need to show us your device (screen shot) of the main device page. You may just need to click configure.

What is your actual device?

Right - that was it. Just needed to hit configure (duh). Thanks - all working now.

1 Like

So my next issue is that both child switches turn 'on' when the one child switch is turned on using the dashboard or devices. Only the physical light of the button I press in the dashboard turns on, but both switches on the dashboard turn on, and the event shows in the logs.

Do I need to change the trigger mode of the parent switch (currently toggle)?

I'm using the Aeotec Dual Micro Switch driver but the device is actually an Aeotec Dual Nano. I've tried removing the child devices/cleaned the parent device and re-configured them

In this example, I only turned 'Kitchen' on, but interestingly 'Pendants' show up in the logs first.

I'm using the same and also getting the same result, unfortunately there is no fix for this. It doesn't do any harm just shows as on when not. I believe a refresh fixes it?
I have asked but this device needs it's own driver, it's a shame as it's just the later model :frowning: .

Hubitat will need to get there hands on one of these to be able to do that.

Hi all,

i've read all the related posts i could regarding the Dual Nano (not Dual Micro) DH for Hubitat, but apart from @BorrisTheCat suggestion to use the Dual Micro DH, I've had nothing but flaky behaviour which is a real WAF problem. Is a proper DH for the Dual Nano in the works..?

My dual nano's functioning is terrible. I was using the Qubino dual relay driver but switched over to a hacked version of the ST DTH I migrated. Getting terribly slow responses from physical switching - takes about 7-10 seconds for the most part. Played around with various parameters in the settings but no go.. In my case I'm using one switch with a load and the other without so maybe that's the reason.

1 Like

yes its just strange.
If i click the On/Off buttons in the Child Device Config page, switching is pretty much instant (99% of the time) and importantly reliable.so that tells me basic mesh/network/commands are OK. BUT it seems that when Hubitat logic tells the Dual Micro DH to do stuff Weird Stuff Happens. Like 4 log entries for each child device when only one of them is switched on. Regular failures to switch on or off depending on its mood. Motion Lighting App refusing to turn a child device on because it "is already on", even when it is not actually on, or even HE showing it to be 'On' in the device status page.
Hubitat folks: is there a DH for the Dual Nano imminent? this nano is on the main bathroom fan switch, so this is a WAF-sensitive dilemma... :grimacing: