Aeotec doorbell 6

:thinking: Why are the component devices needed? If button features are included in the main driver?

1 Like

I thought it was because you can add extra physical buttons to the system?

1 Like

Like @Inge_Jones said. However, the central issue is that with the "Aeotec Doorbell 6" driver events are not generated in the parent device either when the buttons are pushed. So there's an issue with that driver - it should probably be removed.

I had to change to the Siren version myself, wasn't getting any reliability out of the Doorbell version, and I wasn't using buttons.

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

Yeah - that's what I was trying to get at. Because with the Siren driver, I can get and distinguish between events from button 1 vs button 2. So the other (non-working) driver can be removed.

1 Like

What is RM? (sorry new bee)

The system "Rule Manager" "Rule Machine" app.. (props to @aaiyar for the correction!)

2 Likes

Ha! I finally get to correct the person who was among the first to help me when I joined this community. Not Rule Manager, it's Rule Machine :joy: :joy: :joy:

Only meant in jest - you know I have max respect for you - still send some of my notifications through your sendmail integration!

1 Like

Good Catch!!!! :grin:

But of course you know I haven't used Rule Machine in a while... :wink:

1 Like