Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7

Yup. The only addition is tilt sensor capability.

1 Like

I also just received my sensor and have it working using the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver. I tried other multisensor drivers, but none reported correctly. I'm hoping Hubitat can add this in an upcoming release and hopefully it also includes battery %.

1 Like

Has anyone started work on a driver for this yet?

Wouldn't be hard to do, since it is zwave and the capabilities/command classes are all published.

Someone could make a user driver, but it would be better to hear if Hubitat is going to make an in-box driver before someone spends a bunch of time making a user driver. (I don't have the device, so I am not planning on making it).

One thing that I've noticed since getting 3 of these, is that the battery state is not correctly reported with the generic driver. I had one of them completely drain the battery due to being just barely outside of the range of other z-wave devices (I've since gotten a repeater), but the battery state was never reported less than 100%.

I've started putting a driver together, I'll publish it on GitHub once I've got it working how I think it should. #MyFirstDriverAlert

2 Likes

A driver for this will be in platform 2.1.4

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Looks like this driver didn't make the cut for 2.1.4. Any plans for next release (or sooner)?

Waiting for Aeotec to get their S*** together and tell us why the param settings in their docs don't match the firmware (supposedly the latest) that we wrote the driver for...
The driver is done, with the exception of that problem...

4 Likes

Ok, thanks. Appreciate the work on this.

Can you use the DS18B20 external temp sensors with the dry contact connection on these like it can with the Fibaro FGK-101's?

can someone explain to me what a dry contact is and what it's used for or how it's used? Thanks.

@mike.maxwell any useful response from Aeotec yet?

Yes, the tilt function is rubbish, so the driver won't include that, but it will be in the next release.

3 Likes

Great, thanks Mike!

Any news on the final driver? I just integrated it but with the generic contact driver for the moment.

Are the parameters of the v6 very different then those of the v7?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/olliesshop/Aeotec-Window-Door-Sensor-6/master/SmartThings-Driver

FWIW, I've just finished/stopped arguing the tilt functionality with Aeotec and essentially, the tilt sensor cannot be used for any reasonable purposes. Chris@Aeotec promised to correct the Amazon description and reflect the fact.
The issue is that the tilt changes are not being reported independently from other sensors. Only when the contact, dry or magnet, opens, a tilt report is sent.

LOL, I had the same argument with them a couple of weeks ago...

How about adding the inbuilt tamper sensor, is this also complicated?