Ademco Vista 15P Integration

I believe that’s just a much older version of what I posted.

Use the below code, ST and HE has been merged into one code base.

Check lines 124-132 in the smartapp to set the correct hub.

This guide confuses me. Do I skip this step if I own a hubitat hub and not a ST hub?

Yes, that is for GitHub integration only applies to ST hub.

Mine is a fork of this with more features to make it work better under HE. For example, that doesn't support HSM night mode, mine does. If you want to change the number of sensors in that one you have to modify the code, I added a text box, etc.

I posted information on a cleaned up version that simplifies installation at [RELEASE] AlarmDecoder for Hubitat

1 Like

I am not able to get past the Device testing screen in Alarmdecoder setup to even get the opportunity to integrate w/ Hubitat. I was even on phone w/ Sean with tech support today and evidently, I am able to see Data In but there is nothing on Data Out. In telnet, I can see when buttons are pushed on other keypads but typing a number in telnet does nothing. Sean didn't have an answer other than trying different wires. I tried it with 2 other wires and same problem.

Did anyone else have this issue before even getting to integration with HE?

Are you talking about this?

I vaguely remember an issue, I'll try to remember... it was like 2 years ago

Yes I can only get the 1st 2 check marks.

Are you still getting the errors on your alarm panel that you were getting before too?

I'm no longer getting the OC on my existing keypads but still not getting any info on Data Out. I have tried multiple wiring and can't get past that Device Testing page. I have conceded defeat and will be returning the AD2Pi. UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

Hmm that really makes me think the panel id is wrong but beyond that I don't know what to suggest. Sorry, I wish I could help more :frowning:

Came across this thread figuring out how to integrate HE with my Vista-21iP panel. I already have so many zones (50+) around my house I'd like to use events generated by these devices for automation tasks instead of adding more to the mix (eg Lutron motion sensor in a room with alarm motion sensor). I have a few questions for users on here experienced with the software and devices mentioned.

I have TotalConnect2.0 software and cannot figure out why that software doesn't report on all events. All I can do is arm/disarm and see some high level notifications, such as for power loss. IFTTT connection with TC 2.0 only allows for arm/disarm events. This isn't useful, unless I am missing something?

Next question on Envisalink unit. The install instructions say to disconnect the IP module of the panel. I want to be sure that if the IP panel isn't reporting events I'm looking to monitor (eg "motion in garage") then the Envisalink will.

And I thought I had a lot with zone doubling and two zone expanders.

1 Like

How would you disconnect the IP module? Isn't that an onboard module on the vista 21ip?

I wanted to follow up on my post from a few months ago. I sent the device back and Sean with Alarmdecoder tested it and, in fact, had a fault. He sent me a new one that I wired up and was immediately able to get up & running along with the HE integration and everything is working great. I love now being able to easily arm/disarm my alarm and have a keypad that gives more details on where I am in the programming menu than the cheap basic keypads the builder installed. I also want to give a big compliment to Sean on his customer service.

3 Likes

Glad you finally got it working. Yeah, I've had several debugging sessions with Sean to get things working. (Un?)fortunately, the reason I wrote this version of the app based on the wireless serial numbers was because after 4 hours of debugging we couldn't figure out why my wired sensors weren't working properly!

I know this discussion is a little old but has anyone bought an AD2phat and integrated it yet?
I have a bunch of raspi's available so I don't really need to buy the AD2PI version.
The panel I have is of course a Vista 15p.
Thanks.

Alarm Decoder used to sell a device called AD2Pi (similar to the serial and USB offerings) which bridges the connection between the Vista/DSC panel and a Pi or Arduino. I don’t see it individually listed any longer but see it used with their Network Appliance offering. You might reach out to them to see if you can buy it individually.

Other option to integrate would be an Envisalink.

Do you remember what the price was?
It might be that they just replaced the AD2PI with the AD2phat.
Thanks for the reply.