This has happened to me several times for several different devices and it's very frustrating..
Right now it's happening when I'm trying to add a new Yale YRD-210 ZWave Plus lock but recent memory it happened with a switch as well.
The gist of the issue is this..
- I put the hub into inclusion mode
- I put the device into pairing mode
- I wait.. and after a little bit the device times-out.. with the Yale lock it beeps
- I see this message below.. which never changes.. ever..
In settings -> Zwave Details I see the new device but there's nothing useful that can be done here.. no delete option which would be really useful.
I try all of the pairing steps again.. sometimes I'll reboot the hub in between.. sometimes I'll factory reset the device..
In my lock case I can't get it paired.. and maybe I'll get this figured out as I already have this same lock elsewhere paired just fine.
But, my real complaint is.. can't the Hub deal with this a little better? It's happened to me enough times that I have to imagine I'm not alone.
- Will this 'orphaned' device prevent me from adding it in the future?
- Is there any issue having multiple orphaned devices?