Adding Weather Station conditions to Rule Machine

Would it be possible to add something similar to the device "attributes" (as like is in the Dashboard) to rule machine? I would like to set lighting/blinds open/close conditions based upon current solar radiation levels, as well as sprinkler controllers based upon daily rain amounts. Or notifications sent when wind reaches X amount. I tried using "illuminace" for this but it's measurements are different and didn't work as I use solar radiation because it is more controllable 0-approx 800 vs my weather stations lux value is 90000 in full sun right now.

1 Like

Try @Cobra's Weather Switch

or @bangali's WATO

1 Like

The first one last I heard Cobra was going to try and redo because the Weather Underground driver and API is completely changed now

The Second one "WATO" seems to be almost exactly as I was looking for ( a few features that rule machine has that this doesn't) but overall it's excellent! Something similar to this would be excellent incorporated natively into rule machine

2 Likes

Rewriting the WU drivers does not impact on Weather Switch.
I reacts to attributes, it can be used with any device that pushes the correct attributes.
The WU rewrite is so that I can get these attributes from WU.

Andy