Adding Iris V1 kills zigbee

Today, when I tried adding an iris contact sensor, the whole signee network went offline.
It didn’t matter The amount of reboots.
I ended up restoring to an earlier backup 2.3.4.134 and that restored signee functionality however the same thing happened when I tried to at the iris contact sensor.

I noticed the signee was saying online but the Pan ID is blank and Extended Pan ID is null

Also it default to channel 11.

My working channel is 20

After a reboot, it dies in a matter of minutes.

I am removing every single repeater in the signee mesh but that does not help.

Zwave works. Zig bee dies and doesn’t come back

Signee = zigbee

Not sure that this should cause this problem either way, but is this actually an Iris v1 sensor? If it's the more common v2 or v3 sensors, you should use regular Zigbee pairing. (Sorry if you already know this--just worth asking given that this is an occasional mistake I've seen.)

2 Likes

I think at This point the issue is beyond that. I have several of those sensors active and working …

It still doesn’t explain why the Zigbee radio dies

But are they actually v1 sensors? Again, I'm not saying this should cause that, but maybe someone else could test to replicate the problem if they know what model of devices.

1 Like

Logs are showing this after reboot

Yes. V1 contact sensors (i have about 5 active)

Look like there’s a loop … the log is increasing and apparently it turns on and off on it’s own in a few milliseconds

Hub is unresponsive at this point

I have several of the old V1 sensors connected and have never had an issue. So maybe the sensor has some type of problem.

3 Likes

I don't see any relevant problems there unless you aren't actually starting and stopping pairing as the logs indicate. You do have a lot of "received local request for app..." warnings, but those are unrelated. If you are looking to solve that problem, you had some local system outside your hub integrated with this hub, likely something via Maker API given the paths, though it could be anything (maybe HubConnect or Hub Link too?). The solution is to find whatever this external system is and stop it. This might be a second hub, HomeBridge, or something else.

But this also wouldn't explain any Zigbee problems. It's just an "FYI" kind of thing.

I put all of my Iris V1 devices on a separate hub and then use hub mesh. I initially had problems also having them on the same hub as other Zigbee devices, but it was not the Zigbee radio dying. I agree with removing the one device that is causing this to happen. If your Zigbee network is then stable, it would be better to leave the one device causing the problem unpaired.

I think the fact that the discovery process starts and stops by itself every few milliseconds is relevant

1 Like

Go to the Diagnostic Tool and do a soft reset. Restore the last-but-one database.

It persisted sadly. I went all the way to a backup in January and it persisted even on that one.

Roll back a platform version

Persisted. Rolled back to 2.3.3.140

Same thing happening. I’ll try a safe mode.

This is crazy …

I’m at a loss.

Right, which is why I asked if you were doing this (or if it happened on its own).

I don't have any v1 devices, but maybe someone who does can see if they can replicate when pairing?

1 Like

I couldn’t possibly turn it on and off that fast, combined with Zigbee pairing … something is stuck somewhere. I’ll try top set it up as a new hub and then restore, as a last resort.

I'm not sure this really matters for Zigbee (it does for Z-Wave), but have you tried a Settings > Shut Down, waiting for the LED to turn red, then unplugging power for at least about 30 seconds or so before reconnecting to restart the hub? The idea is to fully power down everything before restarting the hub (which is the only way to restart the Z-Wave radio, but again I'm not sure this matters for Zigbee--but can't hurt to try once).

1 Like

Yes. I disabled the Zigbee, rebooted, came back disabled, enabled, worked for maybe 30 sec then it probably stopped working due to the plethora of pairing requests that were happening behind the scenes.

Nope. Didn’t work

Any way to reset to factory factory? As in purge everything? And maybe then restore?

You need help from @support . You can PM them your hub UUID, but don't public post it. Something is hung in a loop. I've never seen that before.

Stupid question- do you have another session with your hub on another computer? And maybe also have a mouse auto clicker installed and it's auto-clicking the "zigbee pairing button"? I know crazy ,right? ask me how I know

2 Likes