ActionTiles coming to Hubitat apparently!

I think it works as of May, but the fellas will be able to say for sure. I just remember adding the calibration for Wink and everybody was happy :slight_smile:

I realize the picture I posted was the opposite of information density lol. here are some other options.. one could make the argument that HE has the potential for more information density because of the ability to change the height of tiles. I don't remember AT having that option, but I haven't touched AT in a while.

stock smartly WINK calibration, 3 column - stock spacing, rounded corners

calibration for 4 column - smaller spacing, less rounded corners

No man I feel you, they are good! If I remember correctly, there is a dropdown to select the different effects for the tile in AT. It's a nice feature, and 100% possible in HE now that we have JS working. I'll definitely put it in an an smartly enhancement, because I'd like to see it too. :metal:

4 Likes

Sorry for the OT, but FWIW, agree 100% that Rboy has very good stuff and his tech support person was very nice, prompt, and solved any problems I had.

I used Rboy's Lock Manager app on ST (after Ethayer's stopped working reliably for me) and Rboy's was really full featured and (most importantly) rock solid 100% free of issues for me. Super easy to set up my lock and manage notifications and such all in one place. Well worth the lifetime payment while I was using it.

7 Likes

ya i wish lock manager was heare. i started trying to port it for myself but not that easy.

1 Like

I liked AT as I could have 1 dashboard set up which worked in portrait and landscape

Yes that's more like it. But that is a 7" screen, right? The Relay is only a 4.3" screen; here's a shot of 6 colums x 10 rows on its tiny screen.

I just changed two settings (min tile size and radius 0) and came up with this; tiles re-flow automatically (I remember going crazy trying to lay out an HE dashboard grid). Actually still useable (well at least if your eyes are better than mine lol). What's nice is that tile content and header/footer size can also be independently scaled, as well to make it even more readable. I'm a fan of the minimalist look also since I mainly use this for checking the status of things at a glance. You can select which things 'jump out' at you by setting different inform/alert/warn styles and effects.

For fans of information overload:

2 Likes

Oops, just noticed the wink has the same viewport width as the HD 7 at 480px. Those screenshots are of the 7 viewport. Here is the layout with wink dimensions.

@mark.cockcroft calibration in smartly calibrates for both portrait and landscape so one dash, multiple devices, multiple orientations kinda just snap to the right columns shown.

MOAR DENSITY! with @media breakpoint calibrations, you can go crazy. Note that actiontiles allows custom CSS as well, so technically breakpoints can also be used in AT.

1 Like

gridstack.js drag/drop/resize functionality in HE makes that a breeze... TBA :eyes: :shushing_face: :nerd_face:

Just added dashboard 'header theme' mod the other day. This is the 'stealth (top right - vertical)' option. ok I'll stop now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You may have convinced me to revisit dashboards.... but seriously nice to know that there is an alternative if the SmartThings platform changes makes obsolete my HE/HubConnect/ST/ActionTiles setup. If that comes to pass it proves once again that when you finally get something working the way you want, the functions you depend on get deprecated.

2 Likes

Correct. I have been using either Chrome or Firefox, older versions of course... but no fully kiosk browser. I wish that would work... I would also like an option where I can have it run on reboot, as it seems to reboot relatively often... but I know next to nothing about Android... I digress... It’s been a long day... :blush:

2 Likes

I just want to point out that it has been said there are major updates to dashboards coming soon, I only know of some promised security updates. But I would imagine they have been looking at other dashboard systems for inspiration!

3 Likes

It has ? Could you point me to those posts...

1 Like

I had a thought. What about if one could deauthorise a licence to one hub then apply it to the new hub? That might make it more attractive than paying all over again. I only used it on SmartThings for about a week after paying, and now I have switched to HE.

2 Likes

Only because I typed it up, might as well get some visibility. On topic, as it describes the differences between how an AT panel and an HE dashboard are inherently designed and shown. Totally up to preference on which (or both) are used.

Either way I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

2 Likes

Hi Actiontiles Team..... What is the status of this and the Estimated Roll Out date?

FYI.... you guys are the best.

2 Likes

Bump interested as well

Can't wait.

I'm curious about this too. The built in dashboards work, but they are painful to build and re-arrange. The ability to drag and drop would be a life saver even.

for dragging and dropping for current dashboard search for smartly injection

5 Likes

I just set that up. That makes things sooo much easier!

2 Likes