Ability to clone rules in RM, ML, dashboards etc

I find myself creating the same rules and dashboards over and over again. Is it possible to get a “clone” function implemented in at least Rule Machine, Motion Lighting and Dashboards so that a new rule/dashboard can easily be created by just cloning an existing one?

10 Likes

+1

1 Like
1 Like

The clone feature I’m thinking of would be an exact clone of the original rule. Same devices as the original rule, same conditions, same settings etc. I could then easily change the cloned rule to use another device, or whatever it might be that I would have to change in the cloned rule. And this would ideally be incorporated across all built in apps in HE, not just RM.

3 Likes

This is on our to-do list. But we don't have a date for it yet.

5 Likes

Thanks for that!

Dumb question from a newbe...
How can I tell when you have a new release?

You'll see a message here.

In addition to @Ryan780’s response, you’ll also see an announcement made here Announcements - Hubitat

Thanks for the quick response to both of you.

You can clone dashboards very easy by copying the layout of one to another in the gear, advanced, layout.

3 Likes

any update on this?

???

You can clone rules in RM4, and a method to clone dashboards is described above ...

2 Likes

Talk about a thread rising from the dead . . .

2 Likes

thanks both. I'm just getting my sea legs here. Coming over from smartthings where I think this kind of comment would have just been ignored

2 Likes

The dangers of commenting on a very old thread! Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Because nobody actually laid it out, in the spirit of this community, and for posterity, I'll just add that theres a "Select a Rule to Clone" option when you're making a new rule

3 Likes

Thank you! This wasn't obvious - though I guess now that I see it, it is.

1 Like