A few thoughts and question upon migrating to C-8

My C-8 arrived late Thursday. Installed it at 6 AM today (Friday).
Migration went well enough, I had watched the video.
Minor confusion and then panic when after the install my Zigbee devices did not respond.
Rebooted the silly C-8 and that was fixed.
My old C-5 has been disconnected but not yet removed from the Hub list.

Went to my mobile devices (iPad and iPhone) to check things out. Downhill fast.
On the iPad the app gets stuck on "Loading Mobile Devices" and then gets freaked out.
On the iPhone things went better.
Once I select a hub, Things went well. My delete the old C-5 one day.
Back to the iPad. Deleted the app and re-installed it. No improvement.
Login no problems, Go to Settings and select the new hub.
Same thing. Repeat as often as crazy enough to do.

Overall migration rating: 3 of 5 and I'm generous.

New problem that came up suspiciously on same morning as the migration.
My dashboard sets different button background colors using HTML links such as:

The web site seems to be offline or gone.
Where you do you folks pick up dashboard button backgrounds from?

Cheers,
SK!

A random idea (for @Bobbyd or others to dispel...), but could the Zigbee channel used change throughout the upgrade, causing a temporary disruption in comm's? Just a thought as to why there may be a temporary disruption to comm's with devices, requiring a period of adjustment for devices to pick up on this change....

1 Like

While this is being pondered, Hub Info is your friend... It can tell you all sorts of secrets you didn't know.... Plus it opens up access to the oracle that is Jean :slight_smile: If you decide to step into the Multi-Hub realm this (driver and user group) can be a valuable resource...

2 Likes

Don't believe the channel changes so much as the routes are deliberately not migrated to force renegotiation. My guess is that it is this renegotiation in the background that is source of the temporary slowness in response (and it quickly dissipates over the first 30 minutes or so - at least for me).

Thanks for the explanation of what may have happened with the C-8 on initial start up.
That is now the least of my concerns on the C-8 which right now looks like a mistake on my part.
Issues with iPad and iPhone apps and remote access to my dashboards. Not for this topic.
Unless these issues are resolved, my Hubitat promotion days may be over.

To be fair, seems a little premature to leave the topic on that note. I'm not discounting your experience, it's something that the HE team would not want to happen and want to see resolved, but we would also want to try and fix when someone reports it, like you have here. I do feel like I am at work myself, but the same criteria applies, it's never nice to hear of a user having a poor experience with something I have a stake in... Let's try and make that experience an edge case that others don't encounter...

Hmm… I wonder who could have written such a valuable utility? :thinking:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.