4 Types of Gas Detector - Zigbee

Anyone seen this or has this and have it working with HE? If not could there be a driver made for it?
https://www.amazon.com/Detector,Combustible-Detector-Natural-Biogas-Version/dp/B07QCSGX53/ref=sr_1_63?crid=33G83SAMOJFTF&keywords=zigbee&qid=1560100911&s=gateway&sprefix=zigb%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-63

It uses the zigbee protocol but I don't see any mention of ZHA compliance or any hubs that it can pair with. Most of the time manufacturers will advertise what hubs a device can link to, this listing doesn't list any which is odd. I would be very suspect of this device working with HE.

@Ryan780 Yea that does present a problem. I have reached out to the manufacturer to see if they have an English version manual. Will see what they say.

If they don't have an english manual posted on their website, the odds of them being ZHA compliant are almost zero. It's most likely that they use the zigbee protocol for some proprietary communication with their own hub.

@Ryan780 Yes, but I think it might have gotten a little worse. I can't find a website for them. So I don't think this device would be worth pursuing unless someone knows more about it.

1 Like

@Ryan780 Got an answer back from the manufacturer that said this device is HA 1.2 compatible and that it works on Hubs such as Smartthings. So good news for anyone interested.
So it appears that it may work. Just a FYI.

I can't think of what type of capability you would use for a driver for this device. Maybe carbon monoxide detector?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List

That is now the only issue I can see also. There is no driver. So someone would have to have enough interest to make one. Oh well. But it would be beneficial because you see houses on TV that have blown up because of a gas leak.

It's not just that, it's that there's no capability that would really match for the device.

Yes I forgot to mention that. There is nothing in that list that would work.

ST has a stock DTH for the Orvibo (similar look) that you may try to see if it will work on HE:

Just follow these instructions on converting it to work:

@ritchierich I really appreciate you finding this. I am not a coder so it is out of my wheelhouse. Maybe someone else that is interested in this device would want to change it. But thanks a lot.

FWIW, neither am I but many drivers can be ported over easily enough by following some simple guidelines that are in that linked thread. I was able to port a ST DTH for another type of device without much difficulty.

I will take a look then and see but my luck I would crash the Hub.

I only see logic for Smoke Detector in that SmartThings driver . . .

I’m guessing the only way to send an alarm event to ST (or HE) is to present itself as a smoke detector? Or a CO detector perhaps.

I also bought one of these sensors as it seems like a good idea to add gas detection to the home safety ecosystem. I got some way in porting the code mentioned above but got stuck with the clusters that the code addresses. Such that - my hub recognizes the device , I can see a few basic status attributes but no luck so far in getting data from the sensor when I trigger either the "test" button, or actually set the sensor off. Hopefully someone on the forum can crack the last piece .....

@richard That is encouraging news! At least you have one and are real close to getting it to work. I was about to give up on it.

Now, as you said, all we need is someone to help finish the coding!!! Hint!

Are there any other gas detectors out there?

I'd definitely add a few of these. Next to the oven, water heater, furnace, and dryer.

I just ordered one from a Chinese site. They are also available as a Zwave device.