3D Printed solutions for Home Automation

I think many of us here are tinkerers at heart (at least I am) and along with Home Automation I am also having fun with my 3D printer. I already see there is an old 3D printer topic in the forum.

One of the things I like best is to find a model for my Home Automation gear, or if it does not exist, design something myself.

So I would be interested to see if others have either found or designed something interesting for their HA needs.

To start this of, here are 2 of my own designs:

1 Like

Nice, man.
I'd not associated 3D printing with home automation until your post so thx.
You've opened me up to it. Cheers,

2 Likes

Your welcome. Since I got a 3D printer and I buy new stuff (Google Home, HA, a bag of chips) I always start by checking if I can print anything that might enhance that product...

Since someone might wonder, for the bag of chips you can print clips to seal the bag :wink:

One of the things that I have also printed is a temperature radiation shield for an external DS18b20 temperature probe. It definitely helps with getting more accurate temperature readings.

Not my own design:

See, there you go, you just got me thinking about a small bracket that could fit over or around a USB power pack and hold my Google Home Mini.
Turn it into a nice tidy, Plug in, wall mounted, TTS speaker. :slight_smile:

Yes, I know the feeling. Take a look at Thingiverse. There are also other STL sites available, but I found a design that might be what you are looking for:

Nice.
It'd have to suit the Aussie GHM power adapter. I'll check the sizes in the morning.

OMG these are hilarious !

8 Likes

All these 3d printers and noone had a hubitat mount. I created one and put it on Thingiverse. It was my first ever item created, so don't be too harsh. I wanted something like the Hue holster so that I can remove the hub when re-cabling or cleaning.

It sets off all sorts of OCD non symmetrical alarms in me, but due to the stick location and the power I had to do it this way.

4 Likes

Very nice ! I take it that it is mounted sticks down ? (Don´t have my hub here to compare). Incidentally, can you have both sticks together directly into the USB plugs at the same time ?

For me they are a tad to big and slant sideways when I do that. I couldn't take it with my OCD so I used one on the extension cable :wink:

This is power cable down so the usb are on the right side. You can have both usb installed. My ups is below the wall so thats why I have it mounted that way. I tried to make the two pieces the same size even though they are 90 degrees rotated.

Hi,
New to community.
This is one area I can really contribute to .
I got inspired by your design and made one myself.
I have tried to get in touch with Hubitat for use of the logo, not for commercial use, but for users and owners like we are. No response yet.
With this new design you can use screws or just double-sided tape like I do.
The fit is almost like a snap on and will hold the weightless device in place very well.
Even with the weight of the cables on the side, it holds up.
Here are some pix with my design.
I can share the file I made in Fusion 360.
Thanks,

HUBITAL_ELEVATION_v2_Back%20Left

HUBITAL_ELEVATION_v2_Front%20Left

HUBITAL_ELEVATION_v2_Top

4 Likes

Very nice. May have to upgrade.

Hello Shane,
How did you put the pic and link on your post.
I uploaded it to my Thingiverse already, with No Logo, but do not know how to post it here for easy access.
Thanks,

Just posted the URL in line and the forum took care of the rest.

Plain Awesomeness!!

If I can't find them, I need to start designing the following for 3D printing.

#1. Remote holders for Amazon Fire TV remotes.
#2. I have the Tie figther Echo Dot holder ready to go, looking for regular wall hanger / mount designs for 2nd and 3rd gen echo dots.
#3. Mounts for Iris V2 and Iris V3 motion sensors

I don't have a printer, but that doesn't mean I cant think of a few "needs"! Corner mounts for Third Reality and Ring Motion Detector Gen 2 corner mounting brackets.

I really need to start dropping hint s to my wife for a birthday present.

I had some printed, they work great!

1 Like

The Voxelab Aquila was on a lightning deal for $149.00, I pay more than that a year on inkjet cartridges alone. Really need to upgrade to a color lazer printer or one of those ink tank models that I think Brother is putting out. I would MUCH rather pay more for the printer than for the stupid cartridges taht don't last a month...

1 Like