2.3.7.140 and unstable zigbee network

Any suggestion(s) ?

Yea i have some stability back from doing some troubleshooting but not like it used to be yet. I have 2 Sonoff usb dongle repeaters on the way from amazon. I have heard good things about them then I will dump the ikea repeaters and outlets.

1 Like

It really was like a night and day situation though... All was working fine no probs at all. Updated the version and my zigbee devices flaked. rolled back the version and back to smooth sailing.

1 Like

I suggest that before you dump the Ikea repeaters, just make sure that they are indeed working.
To check if they work:

1. turn zigbee logging on, in a tab
  2. in another tab, bring up the ikea repeater. click on the 2 boxes on the device page
  3. switch back to the zigbee logging page. Do you see the ikea repeater?
2 Likes

Another issue that I've noticed, is that with 2.3.7.x , If it is set on the zigbee details page, to rebuild the database every time that there is a reboot, then it may take a considerable time (perhaps as long as 24 hours) after a database is rebuilt for all the zigbee devices to "report in". Therefore, there may be no stability for that length of time.

1 Like

Yes - in some cases the radio can toggle off, and it simply needs to be turned on again. :slight_smile:

You can also look at the Hub Events section of the Logs tab for any radio events. If your hub radio turns off it should be noted there.

1 Like

I don't remember this option being set as a default, and don't see it on the 2.3.7 beta release announcement topic.

1 Like

I may have that wrong.
I will amend my previous post.

1 Like

thanks, checked all of that but just made sure, all the ikea repeaters report on the zigbee logs. I have like 8 of them and they all report. Even updated their firmware, only a few actually get used by my devices. I even turned the power down on the C8 to try and force them to use the repeaters and no luck. Hopefully the Sonoff dongles help the mesh as much as everyone says because it seems like the C8 needs all the Zigbee help it can get at the moment.

I'm a big fan of the SonOff and also the tiny Tuya Zigbee repeaters (which are much easier to hide than the SonOff). :slight_smile:

You probably know, but you'll need to flash the SonOff after they arrive - info on that here.

I'm using a mixture of SonOff, Iris/Centralite, Ikea, Tuya, & Sengled repeaters on my two hubs.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have that thread bookmarked and ready. I also have a couple of the tuya dongles on the way from aliexpress. I will probably keep the ikea repeaters around but I dont really enjoy the ikea outlets so ordered some thirdreality outlets to replace them OR I have also ordered some Kasa Matter outlets ,,, lots of stuff to play with once everything arrives.

for now I have discovered some sort of ghost, started a thread on that a few minutes ago.

1 Like

What a nice present I received!
I woke up this morning to find my Zigbee in a funk....
I did a channel scan, and look what I found: one of my neighbours has put their zigbee on the same exact channel as mine (channel 20):

What a present!

3 Likes

Well at least it may be an easy fix then!

1 Like

Sometimes my full channel scan works, and sometimes it doesn't....
I'm not sure under what circumstances it doesn't work, but many times it just doesn't show anything...

2 Likes

Even stranger:
I moved my hub to channel 18. My hub is "BE73".
However, in the latest channel scan, it shows that my neighbour moved to 18, and I stayed on 20.
Now, I'm really confused:

1 Like

Channel scan has been seen to be somewhat confusing sometimes...for me generally pretty good at telling me where my hubs are, but you may want to wait a bit and scan again. If you see it showing changed on the Zigbee Details page then it is changed and the scan data is "old."

1 Like

That looks like you are running an.old version.

Mine looks like this.

I think because he rolled back to 2.3.6.146 after he had problems on 2.3.7...

1 Like

Shut down your hub, unplug the power cable for 15 mins, then plug in the power cable. the zigbee issue should clear.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the help! It seems the problem was solved when I changed the Channel (I went from 20 to 15). Zigbee radio is working as expected. I need to re-pair devices to the hub but IM BACK BABY!!!

Here are some links that helped me get whole!
Link 1
Link 2

Thanks Again ALL!

2 Likes