[2.3.5.113] C8 Z-Wave dropout at random times of the day

I am. makes it a little easier to shut down, power off the port, wait, power on port.

2 Likes

I'm in the same boat with you all on the POE splitter, same issues also. Interested to see if that device is attributable to our issues. FWIW, I also have the same type splitter on my Zigbee hub and it seems to be working fine.

Totally agree but so far out of all the folks on this thread who have replied we are ALL using a PoE splitter. Are you using the same UCTRONICS? Though even if you are not there may be one splitter sold under many brands.

Let's remove them and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Ironically early on in the zigbee days of the C8 I removed my hub from the splitter to make sure it wasn't causing my zigbee problems. It quickly became apparent it was not. So I figured "hey splitter is fine" and put it back on.

Insane! I really hope this has something to do with what is going on. I'll swap to the OEM power plug when I get home later today to see if that helps!

I think all of us do! If this is it we’re gonna let @staze experiment with all the brands and choose the one that works.

1 Like

this is one I have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087F4QCTR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details so yes, we're all using same.

1 Like

Hmmm. Well let’s not jump to conclusions but if this turns out to be the issue I think we should sponsor a PoE splitter bonfire.

Out of curiosity what are we all using for PoE switches? UniFi here.

Yep, Unifi switch for me too. Definitely support torching these if it's the problem!

@staze that's the same link to the one I purchased.

1 Like

Cisco Catalyst 3750-x's in a couple of parts of the house..

For the record I'm running UCTRONICS on all my hubs with no ill effects.

1 Like

I have them on four hubs and only one is experiencing an issue. But only one is running z-wave. I was also using a PoE splitter on my C7 - same switch, same port, same ethernet cable, different splitter. But who knows - perhaps there is some bizarre issue with that splitter and Unifi switches.

My ring keypad worked flawlessly this afternoon.

I'll just throw in a data point that Im using this POE splitter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HZHZBXC/

No issues that I know of so far.

2 Likes

What are you using for a switch?

Unifi

1 Like

Buy-it-now says Friday!

1 Like

@brad5 , can I ask were you got that awesome graph.

@jtp10181 can I ask were you get that cpu graph?

Hub info driver stats sent to InfluxDB and charted on Grafana.

And here's what is meant by "Hub Info Driver:"

ah, so you setup influxDB/Grafana on a separate system and are externally monitoring you Hubitat, is that correct? By chance did you setup InfruxDB/Grafana on a raspberryPi or did you use a PC?

I used to have it on Windows, but now it is on a VM running "DietPi" which is just a lightweight debian build. It can work on pretty much any platform.

1 Like