2.2.8.133 won't update

Hey guys,

My hub seems to be stuck on 2.2.8.133 i've asked it to update a bunch of time over the last few months and it keeps failing but i've not had time to look into it with christmas etc, tried again this morning and it just keeps saying download failed, i've tried turning off all ad blockers / traffic analysis across the network to check it's not a firewall / Pi-Hole / spam thing.

Anyone had this problem? Is there a place I can download the file and manually upload it to the hub?

@bobbyD is probably your best bet on this one…

1 Like

I think @thebearmay is probably right, support's your best bet.

You could try (if you haven't already) restarting the hub. Perhaps even shutting it down and turning off the power at the wall for a minute or two and turning the power back on (no basis for these suggestions, just clutching at ideas til Support leap into action :slight_smile:

Yeah i'll mail support :slight_smile:

I tried a reboot, I even tried rolling it back a version and then updating but still no luck,

1 Like

Did you try a soft reset?

edit: although not sure if rolling back does similar things

3 Likes

i want to say one of the releases around this point had issues with certain configurations and required intervention. Haven’t found the thread(s) yet…

there was the 2.3 release that was rolled back, assuming that is not what you were thinking of....?

Not that one, one I’m looking for was ~mid-late summer in the states I think.

There were issues around ~2.2.9.135

Looks like a backup, soft reset, and restore of the backup allowed the hub to proceeed in this instance.

4 Likes

Thanks i'll try that over the weekend :slight_smile:

I had a bit of time so I did the soft reset and then told the clean hub to download the update but no luck. I'll check my network again in case something is blocking it but i've turned everything off I can find and it won't download. Can the update be downloaded to a pen drive and uploaded to the hub?

No.

2 Likes

Guess i'll stay on 2.2.8.133 then shrug

No external method available, but @bobbyD should be able to work with you to force down a fix.

4 Likes

Could you try, just for the update, connecting your hub on a simple switch to your router?

2 Likes

The hub is wired into an 8 port switch that is then wired to router

Also tagging @gopher.ny

Might try a direct connection to the router, switch may be introducing a double NAT or other complication.

Can you PM me your hub's id, I'll take a look at the engineering logs on the hub.

1 Like