2.2.7 Zigbee OTA updates

Are you going to support if the user has the firmware file to update the device as we have for z-wave?

@mike.maxwell You think you'd be able to get the centralite/iris motion sensor firmware updates? not sure if they could be intercepted on download through the iris hub to make a viable loader file... (just spitballing here)

Can you set the "light state following a power interruption" preference when using zigbee2mqtt?

Dunno - I don't have any bulbs.

that hub has been offline for how many years now?, so that vector is closed.
I don't think the V1 devices supported OTA, the remainder of the centralite devices do AFAIK, and centralite was sold, and they never had a hub, so if the current owner wants to share the OTA files with us, then we can provide updates.

2 Likes

Ahh I thought they could still be updated, my bad... Would still be nice if an updated iris device could have it's firmware extracted but I doubt that's possible. Thanks for the info, and thanks for all your hard work!

Those things were made by the devil himself. Does no one remember the "Great Peanut Panic of 2020"? Besides destroying my mesh and causing devices to drop off constantly, the ground plugs have a tendency to break off in the outlet :unamused:

6 Likes

I didn't know about it. I never bought them because I wouldn't be able to update it. So I guess it was a blessing. Thanks!

1 Like

how about updates for ligtyfy bulbs etc.. as it is a pain to get one of their hubs and do updates.. and they ae stopping any future support anyway.

Those are already available AFAIK. The firmware is also available on the website for anyone to download here (U.S. and E.U. versions).

doesnt seem to work for me.. get the same message for both the garden spots and led strips..

Unless you are in the E.U., I don't see any Osram firmware posted. It's been several years since they released any updates for the U.S.

I'm surprised. That doesn't factor into my purchase decisions at all. I can't update any of my GE stuff, but you know what? I've never had to either...

That said, I did update my 1 sengled bulb the other day.

Went from v15 to v1E. No changelogs, no idea what's different. Worked before, worked after. Not sure random updates that you have no idea what are in them is "better".

3 Likes

I'd like to have the energy monitoring feature that's enabled by the firmware update.

Ah, that makes sense.

I updated multiple Peanut plugs using a Securifi Almond 3 router purchased for this purpose on eBay, and then sold the router on eBay. Sometime after that I discovered that some Peanut plugs are horrible to zigbee mesh networks, irrespective of the coordinator used (alluded to earlier by @Ken_Fraleigh). So I got rid of all them as well.

2 Likes

Firmware update for Hue Motion - MBR, Philips 100B-010D-42006BB7 is not available.

Keep trying. Sometimes takes multiple attempts.

1 Like

This is good news. I just got a new shipment of 24 Sengled bulbs and usually these are a few versions behind on firmware. Didn't want to power up the SmartThings hub to do the updates. I guess I will be spending a lot of time doing the 10 flip power cycle tonight on each bulb to join my test hub.

Someone should invent a power adapter that lets you set the number of on/off cycles to make this easier. Why 10? Who turns on/off a bulb 3 times? Wouldn't that be sufficient?

/rant