[2.2.7.125] Z-Wave Ghost Nodes

I had GE switch completely die. Not responsive to hub or manual control; just clicked trying to turn on. I removed it from Devices but couldn't remove it from Z-Wave Details. Tried all of the methods I could find here. Nothing worked. Ordered a Z-Wave stick and installed the Silabs Studio this morning. Had a little trouble getting Z-Wave Controller to install (it kept stalling on download) but when I finally got it loaded, I was able to remove the dead node easily. $15 for the stick + $15.00 for shipping and tax. Should be a better way as I'll probably misplace the stick before I have to use it again.

Well, that's kind of on you... Isn't it? :slight_smile:

Indeed. But at my age my main worry is misplacing the path to the bathroom before I have to use it again.

4 Likes

I had an Aeotec Extender die the other day and I cannot get the ghost to go away. Removed many in the past but this one just won't go away.

C-7

Tried multiple Aeotec Gen 5 Z-sticks which I have been successful in the past using to remove ghosts. It does seem to get more difficult as the mesh grows.

Tom

I hear ya. I've started to play with Raspberry Pi and sometimes spend more time looking for those silly little micro SD cards (and sometimes the adapter) All it takes is a small piece of paper covering it and it's lost forever.
Bathroom is one of the (very) few rooms I enter and remember why. :laughing:

3 Likes

Need a force remove button I don't have time to rest the thing and I don't have time to jack with a USB device lol :rofl:

3 Likes

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

1 Like

Feel free to email SiLabs/ZWave Alliance and tell them to get working on that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Worth a shot. :wink:

They won't listen to the manufacturers that paid $10K to be in the club that are complaining about it, but still...

I'm obviously being a little sarcastic. It is a real problem, and I hope they improve/fix the situation in the future.

9 Likes

Worked perfectly! Thank you.

2 Likes

I may have spoken too soon. I have a couple of nodes that I cannot delete. I have tried all of the suggestions here. I suppose the USB stick is my next option.

Edit : all good now with above suggestions.