[2.2.7.125] Z-Wave Ghost Nodes

Do you make sure it is shut down before turning off the power? “Pulling” the power otherwise could cause DB corruption…

2 Likes

I hope you were not replying to me. UI Shutdown takes about 15 seconds so I wait 30 then I turn off the plug. Wait 60 seconds then turn the plug back on and wait about 3 minutes for the C-7's and the C-5's are back at in about 2 minutes. Not sure why the c-5's seem to boot faster.

2 Likes

I have tried this multiple times. I run the shutdown function, and then kill power to hub. wait 2 minutes. turn power on, immediately login to try again, and get same result. Network busy. Any other things to try? I dont own a windows PC, so not sure the zstick method is a good option, but that may be my only choice. I have three ghosts, and the network has been unreliable since they showed up.

Would wait for @bcopeland to see if he can fix the issue with removing these type of ghosts.

You could try flipping the breakers for everything except for the hub. That should cut down on the number of packets the radio is getting. I'd also do the safe shutdown and unplug again after you flip the breakers to make sure the radio isn't any locked up and then try to remove them.

If you have any zoom 4-1 sensors I'd pull the batteries on them also while you remove ghosts. they are super chatty and can hose up the radio.

You'll need a windows pc for the usb stick.

1 Like

Not quite true.

2 Likes

thank you for the suggestions.

Np, if you need more help just lemme know. I've helped a bunch of people squish ghosts. The VM route is also a good choice if you're up to it. Saves you from having to track down a windows pc but windows and mac are way different operating systems and can be confusing if you haven't used a windows pc before.

1 Like

i have 2 devices and have tried averything above fresh power cycles and everythins and i jsut tried again after the last update and i cannot get them to remove

sys:12021-05-20 17:11:34.527 Failed node 13 remove status: 2

sys:12021-05-20 17:10:49.870 Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:46.716 Finished Z-Wave Network Repair

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:39.658 Z-Wave Node 13: Repair failed node unreachable

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:27.436 Z-Wave Node 13: Repair is pinging the node

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:27.434 Z-Wave Node 13: Repair starting

dev:432021-05-20 17:09:20.764 infoWash Room Motion temperature is 71.19°F

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:14.953 Refreshing Node States

sys:12021-05-20 17:09:14.952 Starting Z-Wave Network Repair

sys:12021-05-20 17:08:40.722 Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

sys:12021-05-20 17:08:37.720 Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

sys:12021-05-20 17:08:27.010 Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

sys:12021-05-20 17:08:24.035 Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message.

FWIW. I tried turning all the electrical circuits off but the hub, removing batteries from few z-wave sensors, and still couldn't remove the ghosts, network busy error every time. I ordered a z-wave stick from amazon to got the silicon labs route. The only PC I owned was a work machine, that I can't install software on, everything else in my home is OSX. But I was able to get the labs software to work running a windows vm on parallels. Removed all the ghosts (I had 3). Hopefully this returns some stability to my network.

2 Likes

I ordered a Z-Wave stick as well. When it got here, I installed the software and then had to reboot the hub as it wasn't able to pair. When the hub came back and it paired I found my ghost had magically disappeared.

The network still isn't stable though. It's only stable after a hub reboot, then becomes unusable at some point. Suspect it's this latest firmware.

Should be able to roll back to the previous version to test if it was the firmware update.

I had GE switch completely die. Not responsive to hub or manual control; just clicked trying to turn on. I removed it from Devices but couldn't remove it from Z-Wave Details. Tried all of the methods I could find here. Nothing worked. Ordered a Z-Wave stick and installed the Silabs Studio this morning. Had a little trouble getting Z-Wave Controller to install (it kept stalling on download) but when I finally got it loaded, I was able to remove the dead node easily. $15 for the stick + $15.00 for shipping and tax. Should be a better way as I'll probably misplace the stick before I have to use it again.

Well, that's kind of on you... Isn't it? :slight_smile:

Indeed. But at my age my main worry is misplacing the path to the bathroom before I have to use it again.

4 Likes

I had an Aeotec Extender die the other day and I cannot get the ghost to go away. Removed many in the past but this one just won't go away.

C-7

Tried multiple Aeotec Gen 5 Z-sticks which I have been successful in the past using to remove ghosts. It does seem to get more difficult as the mesh grows.

Tom

I hear ya. I've started to play with Raspberry Pi and sometimes spend more time looking for those silly little micro SD cards (and sometimes the adapter) All it takes is a small piece of paper covering it and it's lost forever.
Bathroom is one of the (very) few rooms I enter and remember why. :laughing:

3 Likes

Need a force remove button I don't have time to rest the thing and I don't have time to jack with a USB device lol :rofl:

3 Likes

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

1 Like

Feel free to email SiLabs/ZWave Alliance and tell them to get working on that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes