2.2.4 Update - Rules not working correctly

This just in...
I find this very odd.

1 Like

It is interesting that there are rules that run without any issue every day.
Still, their scheduled job list appears blank as well.

1 Like

You sure? I have a rule that runs daily at sunset (that is working fine), and it has no scheduled jobs. Trigger is simply "Time is sunset".

I have a sunset job with a doaction...

True. I do see it when looking at "Every day at 11:59 PM". OP was talking about a sunrise rule.

I notice your example was from Simple Automation rather than RM, although I wouldn't think that would matter.

image from rule manager, I assume.

How do you set up the Simple Automation?

Just found it. Will try that to see if it makes a difference.

I use simple automation for a majority of my automations. For motion lighting rules I use the motion lighting app. Any oddballs that dont fit in those then I'll use RM4 or a custom app such as Auto Lock for the perimeter doors.

1 Like

Just set up Simple Automation for turning lights off at sunrise.
Still, no Scheduled Jobs listed, or Events

Seeing the same thing but maybe it need to see an event first before it schedules the next.

Setting a specific time does setup a scheduled job so there's something different about the way it is handling sunset/sunrise vs a specific time.

And when I have the rule setup to use a specific time, I still do not see schedule

Hmm, mine did pop in a schedule...

You're running the public build 2.2.4.139?

That is correct

Sunrise / Sunset don't use Scheduled Jobs. Instead, they subscribe to a System (Location) event called sunrise or sunset.

6 Likes

Thanks for that.
Any ideas on the issues I am having?

Could the number error, that was fixed in the latest HotFix, be the reason for my rule issues?

Just applied the Hotfix; will test Rules again

Nope. Still get the error.

Anyone have ideas as to what the error pertains to?

When you click on error what app does it take you to?