2.2.4 Dashboard Links No Longer Work

Yep found that as well...BUT that doesn't fix the mobile app links not working.

I tried the legacy link in the dashboards, just opened one and now they all work again, so was an easy, if not odd, fix :slight_smile:

Developers from Hubitat... maybe you've heard of a feature called "transitioning". When you change a major thing like this one for whatever reason, you are supposed to offer users a mechanism to automatically fix broken objects (dashboards in this case).
Asking them to go manually and change dashboard settings just enforces my first day opinion about the people behind Hubitat project: good intentions, but amateurs in delivering a professional product... I am sorry, but you're not too far from ST.

2 Likes

If I open the dashboards from the legacy link in the dashboards app then they work. But if I open my dashboards from the main menu, then the links do not work. The links don't work in the mobile app, and I can't get to the dashboard app to use the cloud link when I'm not on my local network.

1 Like

I think it would be a great idea if someone can tell us how these new Dashboards are supposed to work. Sometimes the links work perfectly, then it appears a few minutes later they don’t... Just let me know how to set them up so they work like they used to. Cheers!

2 Likes

What I have done is copied my local dashboard link in the dashboard apps page in the UI.
First select link.
I then go to my dashboard tile and copy the url information in.

Then name pick your link name.

Yeah, I see that! (ST mode) Sigh...used to be so easy... (/ST mode)

1 Like

I just discovered that dashboard link tiles don't work using the android app on my Samsung. Tap on the tile and nothing happens. Annoying! Using 2.2.4.141

Edit: didn't notice that @jabecker had already reported this

Same. Plus, in my web-browser I get: "Dashboard Link Tile only work with Legacy Dashboards links"

1 Like

Didn't make any difference for me. I even tried creating a new one and it still gives me the message "Dashboard Link Tile only work with Legacy Dashboards links".
I think I'm just going to wait for things to get sorted out.

I believe any new link tiles may need to be created using a Link tile instead of the Dashboard Link tile.

at the bottom of each dashboard app (child) there's a Legacy Link.. use that.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.24.13 AM

If you modified your dashboards to use the NEW Link Template, you need to revert them back to Dashboard Links template.

THEN, to view a Dashboard, use that Legacy link to get to one of the Dashboards. The Tiles should now work again. I am not sure, but I think the underlying URL changed and if you have a saved shortcut, you may need to update.

1 Like

The iOS App shows "Dashboard Link Tile only work with Legacy Dashboards links".

I have NOT modified my dashboards.

Mine don't work either. Refreshed browser, closed, open, waited etc etc

You raise a good point. Any update should not by design break things that are already functional. For me, I needed to change 20 dashboard link tiles, it took about 20 minutes. Although, I agree this shouldn't happen when doing an update, one can hardly call this a major problem. If you were to list all the features of Hubitat in a list starting from most important to least important. A dashboard link tile would probably fall somewhere between 2000 - 4000. Obviously higher for some users, lower for others.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this belongs here or if it’s already in another topic. I tried to make a new dashboard just to play with the dashboard links and seem to have another issue. Currently running 2.2.4.141 BTW. When I create a new dashboard and select “Manually Add Tiles” or “Auto Fill Grid 9 x 1” I get the following.

This happens with Chrome and Edge. When I tried EI it never opened after clicking “Add New Dashboard”. Then I can't add any Devices.

You need to go to the Child App for the Dashboard and check the devices you want to be available. Believe the default at one time may have been to allow all, but now it's allow none.

2 Likes

Thank You. Never had to do that before.

trying to understand exactly what you mean.

I too am suddenly (after the recent upgrade) having this "no devices authorized" issue when trying to add a new tile to a dashboard.

Goto dashboards under the app page and click on each dashboard there (not the dashboards page).
Previously it automatically allowed all devices which is bad becuase it creaetes much more load on the system as everytime a dashboard comes up it has to pass the data from all the devices.

You previously could under the apps/dashboard change the options and select which specific devices are passed to each dashboard.

Now the default has changed apparently (as i have not upgraded yet) so the default is not ALL any longer.. this is good in the long run. But you need to goto the app/dashboard name and specify which devices are available for each dashboard.

However , they really need to totally redesign this interface as now it is very non-intuitive to create a new dashboard.

First you create a new dashboard from the dashboard pages but if i am internpreting this correctly nothing will work as it has no devices.. Before it will work you have to goto the apps find the new dashboard change the permissions for which devices it has access to, and then go back to the new dsahboard you just created to populate it..

Very counter intuitive .. there needs to be a device permissions link direcdtly from the dashboard i believe and some verbage drawing you to that link immediately after creating a new dashboard!!!

1 Like