[2.2.4] Automations using Ecolink (and other battery powered) sensors delayed or unresponsive

Not quite how Hercule Poirot would have phrased it, but well done, well done indeed my good man. :smiley:

Thanks also to the Ecolink users, especially @velvetfoot and @kahn-hubitat, and @Charli3_Tang0 for providing data and keeping this issue alive so it could be properly solved.

8 Likes

Nah.. I have something coming that should correct the reporting on previously included devices..

4 Likes

of course..

8 Likes

I have multiple triggers for some of my automations where I would normally notice it otherwise such as the Jasco motion sensors with occupancy triggers. Others I'm guessing get triggered often enough throughout the day to keep things moving.

I'm three for three with the garage app and the temporary driver. Fingers crossed.
Other Ecolink automations are solid. Again, fingers crossed (but looking real good).
Such a pleasure at not opening a door and counting "one Mississippi, two Mississippi, ..."

7 Likes

@bcopeland
Hi, I have a fibaro Dimmer 2 device that after a period of inactivity also gets 8 seconds delay for the first command, when it's Triggered by my z wave strip contact sensor using the generic contact sensor driver.
Would this issue be related or should I try to diagnose it further? Could the contact sensor be clogging the network?

Thank you

Yes

1 Like

So would changing the driver for the contact sensor solve it or is it a problem with the fibaro Dimmer as well?

Alas, the garage door app has resumed intermittancy: first it doesn't work, then it works.

@bcopeland , will you be looking at the Ecolink tilt sensor during your cleanup effort?

Not that this is a particularly helpful or useful comment, but I’m using a ecolink tilt sensor on my garage door as well and I’m having absolutely no issues. So take that info for whatever it’s worth (probably not much)

1 Like

I forget, is yours a C7 at 2.2.4.158?

Mine is and I haven't noticed any issues.

1 Like

Yep to both, but if time has taught me anything, what works perfectly fine for one person, doesn’t mean much. I’ve gone through a number of beta releases with no issues and as soon as the version exits beta people suddenly pop up with issues.

2 Likes

I switched over to the ring driver just incase but I wasn't seeing any issues. My wife usually gets up before me so she may be triggering everything before I get up to notice. She hasn't mentioned anything though and she's quick to tell me if anything isn't working correctly.

1 Like

get up early eeeh

my wife knows to not complain else i spend a half day swearing and looking at logs and do nothing else.

3 Likes

Lol, yea I was out of work for a surgery for a while just after we moved in. I went and replaced all the recessed lighting in every room and all the light switches with zwave and all the receptacles with zigbee. I drove her nuts for probably a month or so while I was piddling with everything.

As I've said, the Ring driver restored my system to normal...it's great.

I have no idea what's going on with the garage automation, though, (Ecolink tilt/Zen16 relay/Zooz garage app).

1 Like

did you try changing the driver to the ring,. it is just a glorified contact sensor and most likely would work with that driver.

in my experience most of the problems i have had with garage etc. were mesh issues and routing as it normally is the edge of the mesh...

Yep. It seems to not work after a long rest. Not as persistent as the door/window contacts though.

i have an ecolink on one.door. would probably never notice if there was a delay as i just get notified that it opened and unlock the house if armed., or alert me if wife is getting home so i can push the mistress out the back door (lol just kidding) , but it does announce when either of us are comong home and door opens. And it doesnt fire that often , especially with covid when we are not going anywhere.