[2.2.4] Automations using Ecolink (and other battery powered) sensors delayed or unresponsive

could the multi sensor 6 be in this group. Although in my case they are powered, so they work i just seen lots of messages.

If they were included while powered, they are always listening.. But these little fckers like to talk.. I pulled them out because they are too chatty

Yeah few people have said they have issues with them, honestly don't know if I do or not. I reduce how often a change reports and to my knowledge they are fine. Unfortunately they are the only powered motion sensors I could find/ get. I despise the idea of having battery powered devices. Only if I have absolutely no choice do I have them.
So for me that means a motion sensor for my shed and a window that was done before I started and is titled but the sensor in question is rechargeable.

ya thats the device i am replacing. the ver 5 dont even respond to the parameter settings and chat every 30 secs.

so if you excluded the powered multisensor 6's and put a battery in them then include them they are less chatty?

no .. at least not ver 5.. the still chat every 30 secs. mine is on usb and was included that way

Any way to make them only report them motion is sensed and nothing else?

First screwup (Pantry), if you don't count the garage door. 8 seconds seems pretty popular.

I'd rather have a fast mesh and shitty battery reporting. Can't ya just unwind the the device spamming/explorer frames and fix the wakeup to every 4 or 8 hours or whatever?

1 Like

Things still working well for me this morning... first time NOT having an issue first thing in the morning while running 2.2.4.x. Well done @bcopeland!

2 Likes

yep

The one that acted up last night is good this morning as well as the others.

I don't how to test the garage door automation without getting in the car and driving. Although, I did just operate the app-created garage door device from the dashboard. One time I tested that way, last week, there was a delay before it kicked off.

I need to double check, but my garage door tilt sensor may also be ecolink... if so, I'll change that driver and do some testing... I have some automations based on that door openning and the lights in the garage coming on, all of which at Z-wave switches. Can report back later today.

Don’t worry about it.. It’s beyond the scope now.. I have identified the line of code that was the cause and have verified what it was doing on zniffer.. I’ll be doing a search and destroy on any drivers that do this..

14 Likes

Awesome, baby.

If it is a driver level problem, why do some of us see no noticeable delay at all with our ecolink 2.5 contact sensors?

Not disputing what you're saying, just trying to understand.

Likely some didn’t get proper wakeup intervals set.. the main problem here is every 12 hours if a battery report wasn’t received, the 2.2.4 driver sends a batteryGet on sensor report.. And that causes a flood of traffic because the device went back to sleep and doesn’t ack the batteryGet.

2 Likes

Bryan, after your search and destroy mission, could you please list the affected/fixed drivers in the firmware release notes for this fix? It would help regression testing. Thanks.

For laughs, I thought I'd reboot the hub. That's it.

ya i do notice the ecolinks have shitty battery reporting.. some of them go from 100 all of sudden to 40 percent.

so the ones that were acting up.. should i exclude and rejoin them knowing there is something wrong with battery reporting.. or is it ingrained to those devices and nothing i can do..

thanks in advance.

1 Like