[2.2.4] Automations using Ecolink (and other battery powered) sensors delayed or unresponsive

I have noticed you mention the Ring v2 contact sensors around the forums. If you got to a point where you were to recommend us to ditch these ecolinks, my plan was to grab the 6 pack of those from amazon...

1 Like

I’ll let you know.. For right now, I’m hoping it can be resolved..

I have 12 of those ring v2’s currently

1 Like

I hope so, too! Ring products aren't available for purchase in (or delivery to) Québec. :sweat_smile:

Now back to the other issue... I need to be able to recreate it with any level of consistency to track it down.. So information is key.. For starters how are y’all using them in automations?.. and what apps are y’all using to do the automations?

Also which driver are y’all using

Why are they restricted in Québec? I’m in Toronto and we can get them from many sellers.

1 Like

I'm using the same driver for the three Ecolink tilt sensors on the garage as well.

1 Like

My use cases are all similar: contact is a trigger to turn on a light when opened / off when closed. There is one exception where it's the reverse (bathroom: turn light on when closed, off when opened). I have recreated the same automations in SAR, SAR 1.1, and RM: have seen issues on all. I found it interesting that if I was having a delay issue, deleted the automation in one app, and recreated it in another (going from RM or SAR, or the reverse) the issue would go away in most cases, but return again after some period of time. The period of time was always seemed on the order of ~1 hour or more.

Contacts are all using the generic driver. My switches are all some form of GE (switch, motion, and dimmer, all are Zwave+ in my case). I have tried both the built in driver for those, and sometimes I have tried the custom drivers that @JasonJoel provides. Have seen the issue using both driver sets.

That is strange.. But useful

I originally reported the problem as something with RM because of this, but was clearly wrong.

Also, the time it took to recreate the automation may have been enough time to get beyond the "delay time" so it might not be related at all.

std contact sensor driver as everyone else..

have seen delay in rule machine, simple automation and event engine..
my sensors are all the ver 2.5 zwave plus variant.

it might be interesting if there was an older non stock driver floating around that could be tried..

my automations i saw problems with were these

Summary

here are the Ecolink door tilt sensors:

i have a sniffer now if you want me to try and update and run my automations again.. as long as you are sure i can go back to 2.2.3 if need be..

3 Likes

I think I found the issue.. To confirm.. Can y'all switch to "Ring Alarm Contact Sensor" driver which should be compatible at it's base.. and run on 2.2.4.158?

3 Likes

Not the G2 version?

correct

Should I do the Ecolink tilt sensors as well?

you can try.. I’m not familiar with their messaging though