2.2.4.158 - What does "direct download links for 2.2.2 and 2.2.3" mean?

@bcopeland, @gopher.ny

What does "direct download links for 2.2.2 and 2.2.3" mean?

I am hoping for a method to revert to previous stable firmware releases. I am currently reluctant to upgrade my hubs as I am concerned I will not have a way back to platform 2.2.3 due to all of the hotfixes that have been released for 2.2.4.

7 Likes

I think you are correct

2 Likes

There are now two links to download previous versions of hub software if they're no longer available in diagnostics tool. Here are the links:

/hub/advanced/download223
/hub/advanced/download222

There is no UI, so they just take a minute and show a simple success/failure status when done. These links do not set versions, only downloads them so that they can be switched to later.

I hope people rarely need them, but it's a plan B.

11 Likes

So these load the last hotfix of that version? The reason I ask is because I'm on 2.2.3.135 because it's stable and fast but IIRC there were a few more before 2.2.4.

Yes, 2.2.3.148 and 2.2.2.129, respectively.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this feature. This makes testing multiple beta/hotfix versions much more feasible for me. Knowing I can always get back to last release is very reassuring.

11 Likes

I completely agree with @ogiewon. I have not tried 2.2.4 because I was afraid I too would lose my previous stable versions of the platform because of all of the hotfixes. This is a GREAT addition! Thank you!

5 Likes

did I do it wrong?

Did you already update to 2.2.4.158?

2 Likes

Thank You, my answer is no. I see the release notes now and presume you have to have .158 to do this? I'm on 2.2.4.156 and saw the comment for the download by gopher on .153

153 had a /hub/advanced/download223 link, there in case someone ran into a specific issue with C7 z-wave update, but it wasn't really intended for a wider audience, and was not included into release notes.

Based on the feedback, I realized it could be useful for the general public and added /hub/advanced/download222 in 156.

4 Likes