2.2.4.148 not stable for me

I originally posted this buried in the [2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive thread thinking it may be related but that now seems different (slow device response vs. unresponsive hub). Since my subsequent email to support resulted in a message saying it's been noted and I should try reading the docs or reaching out to the community, I'm re-posting here in hopes others have seen this and worked past it or have some idea what's up.

I am currently running 2.2.4.145 on a C4 and my hub is totally stable. However, when I tried updating to 2.2.4.148 (last week), my hub locked up and was completely unresponsive within 4 hours. I tried rebooting it after that first lock up and it froze again (this time was overnight so I don't know how long it remained up). Since then I've tried downgrading and upgrading again to no avail so at this point I'm still on 2.2.4.145.

Since it's stable on 145, it seems to me something in 148 (or 147) is causing this but there are not enough tools (or tools I'm aware of) to tell me what that might be. I saw the release notes mentioned something about memory changes for C5 but a brief look at the hub stats and nothing popped out as odd between the two (granted, after only 15 minutes of running).

Does anyone have other ideas what to check or how to maybe figure out what's broken?

I think I got a pretty good idea what it may be by now. There will be a hot fix.

3 Likes

that's great news, thanks! If I can help test anything or provide any other info please let me know.

2 Likes

I can't hit the web interface at all (Dashboards still work though) will we still be able to patch if we can't get to the web interface? Also running 2.2.4.148

Your hub responds to support commands. Are you sure you're accessing it at the IP ending with 142? Either way, a reboot through diagnostics tool (http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/) should bring back the hub. And there's always power cycle for extreme cases.

1 Like

Yeah, it responds from time to time so I have the IP right. It seems to be working for now, though.

2.2.4.153 (just released) should do the trick - let me know if it doesn't.

Watching as I previously rolled back to .145 due to stability and performance issues.

Just upgraded my C4 but didn't see anything in the release notes stating any changes specific for it. I too have noticed slowdowns starting with the 2.2.3 train

1 Like

Just upgraded so I should know if it works in about 4 hours. I didn't see any mention of a fix other than a note alluding to some memory changes. If you are able to share, the engineer in me is curious what the bug was?

So far I'm at about the 5 hour mark and things seem stable. Still curious what the change is but happy it seems to have resolved it for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for updating the group rvrolyk. So now that's it been about a day, are you still seeing good performance?

My hub is still up which was the big problem I was having before :slight_smile: 2.2.4.148 was causing my hub to stop responding after 4 hours or so; on 2.2.4.153 it was running fine after ~1 day (and counting). I personally haven't experienced any slowness (that I've perceived) with devices so I can't comment there.

1 Like

Great news! Glad it worked out for you. I may take the leap tonight.

1 Like