2.2.4.145 motion lighting error

When my hub reboots or i try to Save a motion lighting app after editing i get this error

set up one of them

Hub spent a ling time on 75% during boot
edit adding @bobbyD as not only me ! and it crashes my z-wave radio

I received the same error.

1 Like

@bobbyD thats 3 ppl

I've seen this error this morning. I'm not sure if it is what caused my garage light to remain on even though all of the 'turn the light off' parameters were satisfied.

ETA: I just saw this 2.2.4.141 Motion Lighting with Hub Mesh errors

not sure, im not using hub mesh, might be related @mike.maxwell ?

Not using mesh either

This is an identified bug, fixed in the upcoming hot fix release. This was an unintended consequence of changing the name of the parent app.

3 Likes

can i mark it as a solution or do i wait till the hotfix

Does it also affect functionality? I have one of the lights in a pretty simple motion rule that turns off unexpectedly.

The effect of this bug is that new Motion Lighting instances will not appear in Rule-4.0 Pause actions as available to be paused. It has no other impact.

OK that's not my problem then... I will keep searching.

@bravenel, I realize that this is not the same issue as the one discussed in this thread, but it may be related, so I post it here while you have the app open to do and while you test the hot fix discussed above.

I am having odd issues with interaction between Motion Lighting (2 apps, almost identical, but different rooms & different motion sensors) and Scene activation. There have been no changes to my scenes or motion lighting apps except installation of 2.2.4.145 on my C-7, and everything has worked for months and just failed upon installation of 2.2.4.145.

There are no errors in the logs (I have hesitated making changes to motion lighting app and saving changes because of the issue with errors discussed above in this thread), and logging of motion lighting app is turning everything on and off correctly in the logs and in actual operation.

It manifests as what appears to be a cosmetic mis-reporting of the scenes controlled by the motion lighting apps on the Apps page, where On / Not Set are reported.

Here is a screenshot of the apps page with incorrect display of scene state. As you will see below, by the light states for each room’s occupied and vacant scene, it’s not possible for the occupied scene to be set at the same time the vacant scene is set for the same room:

I can go into the scenes and click the tiles and get the scene states to display correctly on the apps page, so the state displays can change:

The scenes are simple, no restrictions, no transitions.

Here is the definition of each scene for the laundry; downstairs bath is similar:

Note that, because the captured state of the overhead lights is on in the occupied scene and off in the vacant scene, it’s not possible for both scenes to be on at the same time (but see the very first screenshot above, showing both on; it’s also possible to see both Not Set, even though that shouldn’t happen, either.

The motion lighting app for each room simply turns one scene off and the other on. I did it this way, rather than set light states in motion lighting app, so that I could adjust the occupied/vacant light settings independent of the motion lighting app, and just capture the scenes. Both rooms are similar, both have same issue:

Again, operation is fine, it’s just a cosmetic issue on the apps page. It may be related to the app name change. For me, it’s a low priority to fix, I just wanted you to see it while you had the app open, and it may already have been fixed with the other fixes in the motion lighting app.

Thanks for all the hard work by everyone at Hubitat.

Are you aware that the display on the Apps page is not dynamic? You have to refresh the page to see the current state of things like Scenes. I can't tell from your writeup that you were refreshing the Apps page or not after these ML instances ran.

Yes I was. I was aware of that, and refreshed the apps page. However, I will test again to be sure.

On retesting, using downstairs bath (because I showed laundry before): starting state (and lights were set where it should have been vacant scene):

Note it shows both occupied and vacant On. Page refresh, stayed unchanged.

Walked into room, lights adjust, scene changes to occupied (from light state), but vacant scene still indicates on. However, if I click the Downstairs Bath Vacant Scene name, the scene definition page comes up and the top line of page correctly indicates Not Set, even though apps page indicated on:

Go back to apps page, display is correct after room is vacated:

It’s possible, I guess, that it’s an odd browser caching issue in that refresh is broken. The states can also come up all “Not Set” on Apps page.

Safari mobile app on 512 MB iPad Pro 10.5 inch with iPadOS 14.2. Same results on iPhone 7 with iOS 14.2.

Light displays on dashboards are always correct. I don’t show scenes on dashboards.

Edit: it’s not important, cosmetic only, operation of Motion Lighting apps are correct.

These Scene indicators in the App Name are a royal pain. I will look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.