2.2.4.141 Motion Lighting with Hub Mesh errors

I’m seeing those errors as well on .143

2.2.4.145 (just released) has some extra NullPointerException handling compared to 141 and 143. Please update whenever convenient and let me know, I'll monitor hubs logs for results.

1 Like

I updated my hubs. :crossed_fingers:

Ditto, still seeing the errors...

in addition...I went into one of my ML apps and hit "Done" just because...and I saw this in the logs:

1 Like

Yes indeed.

Do me a favor and open the parent app, Motion and Mode Lighting Apps, with logs running, hit Done, and see if it throws that error.

I get this when I do that.

What build are you on?

We know what's going on, and it relates to the change of the name of the parent app (Motion and Mode Lighting Apps). We will get a fix for it, and it will be released in a hot fix.

1 Like

I got the same error as @BorrisTheCat

Thanks for the update!

I'm on build .145 and I don't use Hub Mesh but I'm seeing some of these same errors in my logs: 2020-11-20 08:04:04.860 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Location variable'MLruleList' is readOnly. on line 329 (updated)

This one seems to occur whenever a Motion Lighting rule gets paused (either manually or by Rule Machine). If paused manually it seems to still pause despite the error. However, if paused via Rule Machine the Motion Lighting rule doesn't actually get paused (the word "paused" never shows up next to the rule). Also, if I create a new Motion Lighting rule it doesn't even show up as an option to pause when creating a Rule Machine pause action.

This is a reported and identified issue, and a fix will be in the next hot fix release. This is an unintended consequence of having changed the name of the parent app.

What's blowing up is the step by which Motion Lighting publishes the list of installed ML rules to allow them to be paused by Rule Machine. That list is 'owned' by the old app name; the fix is to change the name of the 'owner'.

ive notice a few issues, i was thinking of rebuilding my motion lighting rules, will this help or will i still have issues, will this help, cause issues when the fix comes out?
im not using them in any rule machine rules

If these are Hub Mesh related issues, rebuilding the rules probably won't make any difference.

I tried that, it didn't help. I am using hubmesh motion sensors in those rules.

I'm sure soon enough there will be a fix. Small price to pay for this feature IMHO.

Having Hub Mesh functionality built in is amazing. Because of it I ordered hub #3.

1 Like

I completely agree. Of course we are going to use it in ways that hadn’t been tested and cause errors, but I haven’t seen any ill effects from the errors.

im not using hub mesh.
ive rebuild one and it seams reliable, it was like the system app was missing the events, they had shown in the device history but the app hadnet acted on them.

it has been intermittent, ive turned on logging so will monitor

So I have...it seems the app is missing the "inactive" events and leaving lights on.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I’ll have to keep an eye on this.

Looking much better since the update today to 153.... crossing fingers..

2 Likes