[2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

.153 just became available. Seeing some issues on C5s not completing the update though...

i'm gun shy now.. when i tried to go back to 2.2.3 from .151 it hosed my zwave f/w and they had to actually get into my hub and reflash the f/w .

I think i will wait till others are not seeing the delays i was..

Understand completely...

i was having high blood pressure thinking i was going to have to hard reset and slowly re-pair my 80 odd zwave devices on 3 floors. it was not an easy process to build the mesh out..

I instead am going to start sniffing packets and see if i can see troublesome devices sending too much data and clogging the mesh, Although, in the logs i dont see much to indicate that.

I just spent 6 hours recovering from 151 and 153 I'm gonna let someone else do the testing on those.

1 Like

what are you on now? Did you zwave f/w get hosed too? or something else.. My zwave device list came up empty after restore... not even the hub,.

Which one are you on?
I'm thinking beta testing is not my bag.

I'm back on 2.2.4.148 now.

ya my wife was not too happy thinking i would have to start redoing the couple of weeks setting up devices... I guess i get ornery during that process... who would think lol

1 Like

After pulling all the repeaters I was able to do individual device repairs on everything and got it back to working.

1 Like

some of the logic in these devices about what routes they pick is beyond explanation in my opinion

i wish we could put in at least one device id and say try this as the first hop or even say try without any repeaters in the node level repair it would make things much easier.

1 Like

Yea, that's why I decided to try that first after the downgrade.

It caused a couple devices to turn into ghost nodes on the revert to .148. Not sure what that was about. I was able to clean those up with the UZB stick though.

That's what happened to me. Only I went out on my own and hard reset. Even with 67 devices, it was quite the chore...those utilitech water sensors...argh. I believe there's no going back. I only use simple automation, that got screwed up, and is still screwed up.

I would not move from 2.2.3. As I said above, I'm starting to think beta testing, or even early adopting, is not for me.

1 Like

i had a catch 22 ghost node problem after f/w was restored, the zstick was not updating to the latest node list even after selecting update but was still working on the nodes it had (ie turn on off)
so i tried to redo nwi, unfortunately it caused a ghost node on the zwave stick itself, and it also would not let me remove the original node (as i think thats why it caused it to fail a rejoin)
anyway, interestingly enough it was working with its id as the ghost node but was still hosing up the hub.
network wide exclusion did not work even after reboot.

2nd stick i have also would not join.
Finally after power shutdown, i got the 2nd stick to include and was able to fail and remove both nodes of the original stick..

fwiw I just upgraded 2 C-7's, 2 C-4's and a C-5.

Getting good response from the C-7's but time will tell.

:crossed_fingers:

edit: since I have minimal apps on the hubs and no RMs I've never really had that many issues except in the initial pairing.

2 Likes

Would you zigbee if doing over?
I have just a few, plugs and presence sensors, and they are a joy to join.

every version of 2.2.4 ive tried has delays on turning on lights.. i am think whatever they changed my mesh is too big..

1 Like

ya but replacing all light switches to zigbee would be a royal pain not to mention expensive.. and there are some zigbee devices that are not avail. like sensors to go into my freezers , and dry relays are hard to find etc. But yes other than the couple of lightify bulbs that kept dropping off the mesh that i replaced with hue bulbs, zigbee has been effortless.

1 Like

FWIW interface responsiveness has been outstanding for me on 2.2.4, but device responsiveness has been noticeably slower than 2.2.3 (but still OK enough for me - maybe 1-2s slower on 'round trip' logic like mirroring a device on/off status).

Since I do my logic in node-red it could be Maker API has slowed down or the device reporting itself has. I don't have time to figure out which right now. Everything else on the node-red side is as fast as ever, so I don't think the issue lies over there.

1 Like